"Bei Sagrin" Grand Duchy of Bergamo Ship

The adventure begins,
I spent a month reading your posts and doing research.
The result is that I have decided that kits are not for me. In truth I assembled two Chinese kits just to understand where I was going, but I felt more like an assembler than a model maker. The decision was therefore to invent a ship.
My wife decided on the ladder... basically she decided where I can put it when it's finished. Let's say that the hull will be approximately 600 mm including bowsprit.
The design of the hull and related frames derive from the Constitutio.. the President and the Pallada... in short I took a little from here and a little from there.
The name "bei Sagrin" comes from an expression of my landlady, seeing me very busy doing research, she exclaimed shaking her head "l'as 'd bei sagrin" (You have some big worries)... hence the name
Now I have finished cutting out the frames and the keel....

ordinate_ciglia_compensato.jpg

I am looking forward to see this model growing
Which kind of material are you using? Is it wood or cardboard?

Bei Sagrin was too long and the mooring costs were too high... (basically Mrs. Diana reduced my space)... so I shortened the ship. After several attempts, I found the optimal length.
I also decided to redo the frames to better adapt to the new project.

PS: I know that many of you will send me to the stake, but I believe that modeling is still a game for adults. Let me play the role of naval architect. (at 79 there is always a bit of senile dementia) ;):):D

accorciata_2.jpg

accorciata_1.jpg

Assembled the floor and the beams for the mezzanine floor.
Costs all made in China:
150 strips 1x2.9x300 (€1.85 x 50 pcs)
I hope they are enough for the planking too
50 matches for the fireplace 3x3x95 mm (€1.50)
They seem to be made specifically for the beams
Various details total approximately €25
Among the details... you can see some micro buttons... the idea of transforming them into pulleyscoperta_fiammiferi.jpgcoperta_poppa_01.jpgCoperta_prua_01.jpg

ferramenta.jpg

Last edited:
Altro piccolo passo.
Voglio ricordare che che questa barchetta, non rappresenta una nave realmente esistita.
La costruzione procede affromtando ogni volta un nuovo, per me, problema. Io arrivo dall'aeromodellismo dinamico dove l'estetica lasciava il passo alla funzionalità. Ora mi trovo invece nell'esatto contrario.
Comunque sia non ho la presunzione di confrontarmi con tutte le meravigliose realizzazioni che vedo nel forum.
Magari un giorno ci proverò, ma per ora stò solo studiando

Another small step.
I want to remind you that this little boat does not represent a ship that actually existed.
The construction proceeds, each time facing a new, for me, problem. I come from dynamic aeromodelling where aesthetics gave way to functionality. Now I find myself in the exact opposite.
However, I don't have the presumption to compare myself with all the wonderful creations I see in the forum.
Maybe one day I'll try, but for now I'm just studying

insieme_coperta_01.jpg

Un vecchio saldatore ...un pezzo di alluminio ...una vite da 4 mm ... un dado e voilà .. il piegalistelli è belle che fatto

An old welder ... a piece of aluminum ... a 4 mm screw ... a nut and voilà ... the strip bender is beautifully made

Immagine WhatsApp 2024-03-02 ore 22.44.39_fac9fe32.jpg

Immagine WhatsApp 2024-03-02 ore 22.44.50_397041aa.jpg

Jan,
grazie mille per le tue parole....
Tutto questo avviene quando un aeromodellista dinamico, passa al modellismo navale statico.

Jan, thank you so much for your words....
All this happens when a dynamic aeromodeller switches to static naval modelling.

Jan,
grazie mille per le tue parole....
Tutto questo avviene quando un aeromodellista dinamico, passa al modellismo navale statico.

Jan, thank you so much for your words....
All this happens when a dynamic aeromodeller switches to static naval modelling.
Yup, I can commiserate with that. I’m a model railroader of 70 plus years that got involved with this hobby several years ago because of a Birthday present. So far I’ve completed three models and have four in progress.

Jan

Back