Bismarck battle ship 1/200 scale Hachette publication 140 issues build 2008 - 2015

Bismarck battle ship 1/200 scale
Hachette publication 140 issues build 2008 - 2015

As it is a publication that arrive 4 a mount with some gap for a strike in France and some unknown reason It too 4y to received all the part
I will try to condensate the build originally it was 140 logs entry to 18

The product is Hachette Partworks ltd
At the moment (2018) they offert the U91 1/48 German sub and a Mallard steam Locomotive
In the past from memory beside my 2 build the Bismarck and the France liner
They have offer a King tiger tank, the HMS Hood., The Titanic, Tintin the Licorne, a Soleil Royal and many other nice kit.

Took almost 10 issue to get to this point
As that model got 2 build option RC control or static I did have to make a choice early to witch version I will build
1-1.jpg
10-3.jpg
10-5.jpg

2 more resin parts bow and stern
Took the decision to build it static reason is too many fragile parts and will have be very sorry to damage it in transport so glue strongly the deck to the hull
Start to build the superstructure they are in independent module
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Start of the second planking by using plank of 1mm x 5mm that are install in a pattern and that will give even more strength to the hull.
Installing guide for the water intake bellow the water line
More deck structure done
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Time to fix the hull
After a good sanding a light coat of flat white
Putty time sanding and correction
That follow by a flat red flat primer
And the installation of the water intake
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Finish
In is casing and secure on my stair wall
1a.JPG
So what about the kit?
140 weeks is real long as I try to build it one issue at the time following all the steps 1 at the time and a bit expensive but on a 140w + period it come to the price of 1 large coffee a day.
Did not do that with the France Liner as I put aside all the part and start it only when I got all the issue and I was ready.
Real annoying thing is the way the part are send in small statement what happen is one week you received some part that will be install some 15 week later never finish a module completely it is a bit here a bit there and because it is a 140w + build, the chance to loose pieces or damage some module are greater you need a real secure space to store you build.
And if you build it as I did you do not have a complete vision of the complete build.
On the other hand for a beginner it is perfect you just follow the instruction that are so clear end detailed that it is difficult to do not have a decent build in the end.
1.JPG
1b.JPG
1c.JPG
1d.JPG
1e.JPG
1f.JPG
1g.JPG
1h.JPG

Back