Black Pearl - Zhl 1:50 by Vfordyce [COMPLETED BUILD]

I think I've decided to forgo the use of gun rigging save the large restraining ropes. I tried making my own blocks, but they always turned out too large. Then I tried just rigging some lines, but that looked too jumbled. And what do I do with the extra line? The coiled ropes just don't look right on a pirate ship or anything else that seems practical. Nothing looks right. Until I come across a better method for me than I have seen, the restraining ropes will have to do.

Damn...you are a fast builder, Vic! Looking very nice! Thumbsup
Thanks, Jimsky. Do you have ant good ideas for rigging guns that are practical? Most of the examples I've seen don't look realistic. I really don't want to go out and buy a bunch of tiny blocks. The only thing I've seen that looks realistic is what Manfred did on his Victory. I'll never reach that stage.

Do you have ant good ideas for rigging guns that are practical? Most of the examples I've seen don't look realistic. I really don't want to go out and buy a bunch of tiny blocks. The only thing I've seen that looks realistic is what Manfred did on his Victory. I'll never reach that stage.
Hello Vic, the good news is really here...You don't have to rig the gun carriages unless you want to show guns ready for action. I've seen many models (specifically smaller scale) the carriages are not fully rigged except for a breeching line. Take a look at the below images to have an idea. Hope it will help you.
Rigging of carriedge gun.jpg
GunTackle.jpg
RigginGunTackle.jpg

GunTackle_2.jpg

Back