Black Pearl - Zhl 1:50 by Vfordyce [COMPLETED BUILD]

Very nice, can't wait to see more!
More is coming soon. The instructions don’t identify which pieces are the long railings for the sides. I chose two for each side, hoping they aren’t meant for something else. They also don’t quite fit, which means my bulkheads were out of joint, especially on the open side of the ship. Curling the railings to line up with the curlycues (the Admiral calls them whirligigs) wasn’t as hard as I thought they would be when I finally got them right side up. Some of the posts didn’t fit either so I glued them to a plank and cut the plank with a dremel to make them taller.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Spindle supports are hard to keep in place. I’m not liking the stairs at all. Everything has to be cut the exact length, the supports have to be cut at a precise angle. And everything has to fit together at the last second. Hoping and praying everything comes together. 468343CC-5055-48B5-A4E4-236D0FC9AEB1.jpeg

Spindle supports are hard to keep in place. I’m not liking the stairs at all. Everything has to be cut the exact length, the supports have to be cut at a precise angle. And everything has to fit together at the last second. Hoping and praying everything comes together. View attachment 196438
She looks good brother that set of staircases was a pain in the butt I ended up building them off ship on a jig and placed them when done.

Back