Blandford

I’ve started my HMS Blandford. Based on assembling the platform this will be a challenge. There are essentially no instructions how to put the platform together. I’ve figured most of it out and will figure the rest out. If anyone has a suggestion of where to find better instructions than what come with the kit I would be very appreciative.

Finished the dry fit of the platform and cut out the keel. Next is to finish sanding and dry fit the keel.

I had an additional thought about the build of the Blandford. Speaking just for myself I plan to proceed very slowly and carefully with this process. There is no hull planking and no paint to cover any mistakes, small or large. Everything will be on display and any errors will standout.

This is my first attempt of a POF. I want it to go well.

I need some help regarding the false keel of the Blandford. Is there a separate strip of wood for the false keel. I've looked at all the laser cut strips and haven't been able to identify anything that resembles a false keel. Instructions indicate the it's necessary to cut a slot for the false keel in the keel if I read them correctly. Why is there a slot in the keel?

Thanks in advance for any help.

May I suggest you attach images to your post logs? It would be great to see what exactly you are working on. What Asian proverb says: "It is better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times." ;)

Thank you for accepting to post images. Your progress looking very good. ThumbsupI am taking the chair to watch as your build progresses.
Also, please use this thread for your Blanford posts. I saw you have opened a couple of other New threads with the same title: Blandford. Both Zoly and I have merged them into this one so you have the convenience of using a single thread. Please continue on this thread. ;)

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot so please advise if not. I'm confused about the framing for the Blandford at the stern. When I look at the plans for hull construction pieces W4, W5, and W6 are aft of frame 63. But in the "Modeling instructions" it seems to show that W6 is actually attached to 63. If the hull construction sheet is accurate what pieces go where I've highlighted in purple? Are there other pieces that I'm missing? Also what is C1 and C2 for? Is it only for shaping the 3 W7 pieces?

Any and all comments, suggestions, instructions are welcome.

Thank you!

IMG_1293.jpegIMG_1295.jpegIMG_1296.jpeg

Back