Block in Autocad

I'm saving money to get me one of these cheap CNC machines from Amazon. I see what they do. But before I need to know how the software works. I started to learn AutoCAD.
After a total of 3 days I know how to draw in 2D and another 2 days brought me to this result for standard blocks. Need al little modification but still after such a short time of learning how to use AutoCAD I'm satisfy for my first attempt.

standard Block.jpg

Tips from the experts are welcome.
First I want to change is that the pully is round, now it's straight.

I'm saving money to get me one of these cheap CNC machines from Amazon. I see what they do. But before I need to know how the software works. I started to learn AutoCAD.
After a total of 3 days I know how to draw in 2D and another 2 days brought me to this result for standard blocks. Need al little modification but still after such a short time of learning how to use AutoCAD I'm satisfy for my first attempt.

View attachment 237295

That's amazing, fantastic work,
Best regards John,

View attachment 237295

Learn to work in solids, far better for this kind of stuff. Someone might be able to get a crack copy of mastercam for you to play about with. I'll see if i can transfer mine onto a memory stick if you want. I have tried to copy before but not all files transferred. Good luck,

Hello: I am new to the forum so I hope this helps. I worked with Mastercam for 20+ years as a CNC programmer for Boeing. And found it to be one of best NC programming applications on the market (all be it a pricey software). I found it easier to use that other NC programming software with very advanced toolpath creation functionality. As for 3D modeling software I would recommend a package from ANSYS call SpaceClaim. It is a very easy to use modeling package that is much more powerful that it looks. And, even though it has a $3000+ price tag, if you are a veteran you can get it for a mere $50 a year. All you have to provide is a copy of your DD214 to ANSYS. What you get is their educational license. Hope this helps.

I got the complete serie of autocad 2017 for free. And just learning. When I'm a vet in it. I will search for something else. Thamks for the advice.

Back