Bomb Vessel 1742, Cross Section, 1:48 scale, plans by Jeff Staudt

Well this is the beginning of my first build log. Hoping that posting my progress will keep pressure on my progress. I recently retired from my second career and have been using my new free time to work on projects and hobbies. I started working on this model to see if I could make passable frames or if my skills were not up to my vision. They seem to be passable so I start this log. I have cut and assembled all the frames. Working now on the framing jig and keel. Then work on each frame; sanding, framing and erecting. I expect to learn many skills and techniques along the way. I will post one photo right now as a test to see how it looks.

I am willing to accept any criticism as long as it is meant to be constructive.
-Rich-

DSC_0105.JPGDSC_0106.JPG

From what I can see it looks good.

My suggestions to make better view. Follow guidelines to post photos in full image size to larger to view.

The exact method may have changed from what is shown, but look for full image button in photos when uploading.

You can select EDIT in your post and fix them if wanted.

Best regards.

Kurt

Image Instruciton Page.jpg

Oh - Great
I am very happy, that you started this building log of the section model - will be very interesting to see

From what I can see it looks good.

My suggestions to make better view. Follow guidelines to post photos in full image size to larger to view.

The exact method may have changed from what is shown, but look for full image button in photos when uploading.

You can select EDIT in your post and fix them if wanted.

Best regards.

Kurt

View attachment 198854
Kurt ,that is the old method ,here us the correct way

Merry Christmas and Season's Greetings. I've been trying to work a little each day on this ship and read other blogs on how they did parts of their build. I have made the building jig. I recommend that you do NOT use Masonite in the jig. It is very tough to file to make fine adjustments. I am placing the frames in right now. I've decided to work my way through the frames and then I will work on fairing the frame tops and cutting in the sweep ports and the gun port sills. I will have some photos once I upload my Christmas pics.

it would be very interesting to see your next working steps - I am looking forward

Well this is the beginning of my first build log. Hoping that posting my progress will keep pressure on my progress. I recently retired from my second career and have been using my new free time to work on projects and hobbies. I started working on this model to see if I could make passable frames or if my skills were not up to my vision. They seem to be passable so I start this log. I have cut and assembled all the frames. Working now on the framing jig and keel. Then work on each frame; sanding, framing and erecting. I expect to learn many skills and techniques along the way. I will post one photo right now as a test to see how it looks.

-Rich-
Hallo Rich alias @Shipdad
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Bomb vessel going? Would be interesting to see an update.....

-Rich-

View attachment 198851View attachment 198852
Hallo Rich alias @Shipdad
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the Bomb vessel going? Would be interesting to see an update.....

Back