Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

MAJOR CHANGE: IMAGE ATTACHMENTS

>>>PLEASE SCROLL NEAR THE END FOR VIDEOS<<<<

AFTER YOU ATTACH YOUR IMAGE

YOU MUST (MOUSE OVER THE IMAGE AND SELECT INSERT and then THUMBNAIL OR FULL IMAGE) Then after the selection, then post your thread. This was part of an upgrade from the original publishers of the forum software that unfortunately, I have no control over.

Image1.jpg

Last edited:
So I've never used the "Test your post here first" option. Have always dropped all of my images directly into my post as I built it and then added the dialogue as I went along or sometimes have gone back at the end to add the dialogue. No testing ever. It looks like the changes only apply if one uses the test option.

So I've never used the "Test your post here first" option. Have always dropped all of my images directly into my post as I built it and then added the dialogue as I went along or sometimes have gone back at the end to add the dialogue. No testing ever. It looks like the changes only apply if one uses the test option.
Hello Jimmy,
If you drop your pictures directly to your post, please continue doing so, the update will affect this method. However, some of our members using mobile devices such as tablets or phones, the changes mostly related to their images in the posts. ;)

Hello Jimmy,
If you drop your pictures directly to your post, please continue doing so, the update will affect this method. However, some of our members using mobile devices such as tablets or phones, the changes mostly related to their images in the posts. ;)
I am not getting any audio with the image importing video. Is it there??? The cursor arrow is too small and moving around too quickly in the sequence for new viewer to be able to follow or remember. PT-2

I am not getting any audio with the image importing video. Is it there??? The cursor arrow is too small and moving around too quickly in the sequence for new viewer to be able to follow or remember. PT-2
Hello PT-2. Unfortunately, the sound doesn't accompany this video tutorial. But... it is a rather simple process. When you need to post an image, click 'attach file' and choose the image\s you would like to add. Then, when you hover the mouse pointer over your image, it will display 'insert image' click and it will give you a selection of how you want to insert: Thumbnail or Full image. Donnie actually posted the instructions when he starts this thread

Hope this clears some shaded areas... ;)

Hello PT-2. Unfortunately, the sound doesn't accompany this video tutorial. But... it is a rather simple process. When you need to post an image, click 'attach file' and choose the image\s you would like to add. Then, when you hover the mouse pointer over your image, it will display 'insert image' click and it will give you a selection of how you want to insert: Thumbnail or Full image. Donnie actually posted the instructions when he starts this thread

Hope this clears some shaded areas... ;)
Thank you. When I select images I use the image file name, not a thumbnail of the image but I'll try it out later when I have a new canoe post, probably, and not in the dark of the night when I typically am cruising the waters of SoS. PT-2 I should change my name from PT-2 to Rich but that may confuse some members following my posts so I'll leave it alone. One change at a time with the badge being replace by my photo.

I apologize for the video as I know it is very poor quality. I just recently added the Vidyard Chrome extension for better videos. It is unfortunate that the video that I used DID NOT show the file dialog box while choosing which file to use - So, at some point, I will try again with better video.
Also, I was LATE in receiving the update enhancements so, I was nearly completely uninformed about the new way of attaching images. It is what it is as they say.

NOTE: No Audio recorded on this. If your images are smaller than about 1400 Pixels, then it is possible that the images will be stacked side by side. This can be manipulated by using 'enter' or return key to separate images while you are editing your images before you submit the post.

ATTACHING IMAGES WITH YOUR OWN NARRATION (SPACES BETWEEN IMAGES)

THE VIDEO HAS BEEN MADE PUBLIC - MY APOLOGIES - me and technology is not getting along today :-(
Please refresh your browser

Please use the "TEST POST" forum. I am currently using this thread for updates.

Thank you

Donald

Sorry fellow modelers but advancement of the bireme scratch build is going slowly. I am currently in the planking mode and find that it must be done is spurts. That means doing one small section, then another, back and forth from the bow and stern to top side to hull with no real help from the plans. I also have trouble saving my photos and attaching them to my post (not the forums fault, mine) so I will keep trying.

Hi Gilbertm
Go to your post that you inserted the image - then you will see at the BOTTOM of the post is this information. CLICK ON THE EDIT
1605383352186.png

Then you will see the THUMBNAIL of the image and click on that little TRASH CAN (upper right corner) and it should delete the photo. The image you see if for demo purposes only.

1605383422605.png

Hi Gilbertm
Go to your post that you inserted the image - then you will see at the BOTTOM of the post is this information. CLICK ON THE EDIT
View attachment 192708

Then you will see the THUMBNAIL of the image and click on that little TRASH CAN (upper right corner) and it should delete the photo. The image you see if for demo purposes only.

View attachment 192709
Revisions and changes in tack of course are just a reality as the winds are everchanging! Rich

Hi Gilbertm
View attachment 192708

View attachment 192709
Thanks Donnie

Back