Borkum steam launch build

Welcome Aboard, Looks like a great kit. Posting a log of it is great and will help folks with assisting you with questions. For first ships Its important to follow the steps in the directions this helps establish an order of assembly that is fairly innate in all builds. Take your time things go much smoother that way.

Hallo, a very interesting model ..... and krick is known for quality kits.
Did you decide already to Build her as static model or Radio controled?
As i know there is also a fitting set with fenders etc available and also working steam engines.....
We will help where necessary and requested......

I have never heard about this kit manufacturer. Will follow your build log with big interests. and...almost forget - Welcome aboard SOS!
Krick is a german manufacturer especially for RC models and also distributor.......f.e. Caldercraft / jotika is in Germany distributed only via krick

Hallo, a very interesting model ..... and krick is known for quality kits.
Did you decide already to Build her as static model or Radio controled?
As i know there is also a fitting set with fenders etc available and also working steam engines.....
We will help where necessary and requested......
Thanks, I’m going to build her as radio controlled with a working steam engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Forum Torpart, I will follow your build, I also have a Borkum build log on the forum, but with a few differences, ie, I will be running mine on electric motor,

Best regards John,
Thanks John, I have been reading your build log and it has helped me already. Your log is much easier to follow than the manufacturer’s instructions.

Thanks John, I have been reading your build log and it has helped me already. Your log is much easier to follow than the manufacturer’s instructions.[/

thank you Torpart, its nice to know that I have been a help to you,

best regards John.

I was just wondering if you have bought the lifebelts, bollards lanthorns and bell yet, if not I have a spare set you can have if you want them, see pics below, I do not want anything for them, just PM me your address or PO box No and I will post them off to you, These are exactly the same I used on my Borkum,

best regards John.

IMG20190211153500.jpg
you will need six bollards, I will send eight gives you a couple of spares,

IMG20190211153923.jpg
I have two Red lanterns and a brass one, I am going to use a Red one so I will send you these two and you
can take your pick,

IMG20190211154852.jpg

Two small brass bells the right size,

Last edited:
Very interesting indeed Torpant, because I am also building a steam powered boat where i am going to use a steam engine Marcher, which is my own fabrication. And i have ordered the boiler from an Australian company: http://www.miniaturesteammodels.com
Enclosed please find a couple of pictures of my project.20190211_165529.jpg

Attachments

• 20190211_165521.jpg
    20190211_165521.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 27
Very interesting indeed Torpant, because I am also building a steam powered boat where i am going to use a steam engine Marcher, which is my own fabrication. And i have ordered the boiler from an Australian company: http://www.miniaturesteammodels.com
Enclosed please find a couple of pictures of my project.View attachment 77063
Nice work! Thanks for posting and please keep us informed as you progress im the build.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been busy working on the steam launch Borkum. Unfortunately, I hit a snag right off the bat. The kit had the wrong diameter rudder shaft brace and I can’t install the rudder assembly until Krick sends the right part. I’ve been sanding, staining and planking to keep moving along with the build. The next major step is to purchase all the radio control components for the boat. I don’t know anything about these RC units so any suggestions would be appreciated. Most importantly, I’m having a lot of fun building my first kit.81054810558105681057810588105981060

Back