BOW CLAMPS HELP

I’m not seeing any difference.
i got mine back in the 90’s from the old model expo85EF3920-1826-4F47-97B3-462F8959CF8B.jpeg

OH YES, FOR STARTERS THE SCREW TIP IS SHARPER THINNER AND MORE POINTED CAN USE ON THE THINNER BULKHEADS, WELL MADE A PURE CRAFTSMAN. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE DON

"I’m not seeing any difference."
i like the idea of the clamps but the material is too soft so i made my own version , i tried to copy them so thank you for the compliment

actually i bought them from china (probably) 1.4 x 8mm, 100 of them were a couple of dollars
the old ones that you bought are more than likely superior to the ones produced nowadays , they bend really easily and the castings don't really line up properly

Don...I think we all have problems with clamping down hull planking but more so on a sharp bow curve. I reverse the paradigm. I start my glue down at the rabbit on the bow false keel. What I do is use CA Gel...then glue the plank into the rabbit and maybe the first few inches depending on how well the plank has been pre curved to fit. The idea is that the CA Gel sets up within 15 seconds or so...the "clamp" I use is my fingers holding the plank in place while the CA Gel sets. That usually glues the plank in place at the rabbit so you can then bend and glue along the bulkheads from there. Start at the rabbit and glue down the other way. CA Gel sets fast enough that your fingers can hold the plank in place. Just another idea...

Back