Brig Le FAVORI 1806 M1:55

Unfortunately, I got the artillery with a shortage, there were no trunnions for the carronades. I had to make it myself. The main difficulty was producing a large number of identical parts. Since I don’t have enough metalworking equipment, I had to use wood.I made it from black hornbeam which took me some attemps. I deliberately made it simplified, on my scale and with my “machinery park” - I think this is acceptable.

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1148.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG

IMG_1165.JPG

Nice machining! Hornbeam (natural or dyed black) is an excellent choice of timber too. Harrison the clockmaker of 'Longitude' fame made many components including gearwheels of his bigger 'turret' clocks from Hornbeam.

So much work on these carronades - but definitely worth every hour of work :cool:

Greetings , my dear Colleagues. I've decided to show my work on brig. I have been thinking on building this shipper quite some time.
I've found it on the web site ...... and wanted to have one. This is a sistership Le Cynge. I'm building it using the blueprints of the last one because they are practically twins. The scale is М 1: 55 , I've chosen this scale so the ship would fit in the apartment. Although I'm not completely sure that I would be able to build such a small one. I'm planning on using pear tree and painted hornbeam. I will use the excellent works of others Masters.
Hallo @Kortes
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day - all the Best

Back