Brig Mercury, Kit by Eskadra, Russia [COMPLETED BUILD]

Many Thanks for showing us this Ekadra kit of the brig Mercury
It is looking really good - and very good work
Interesting the way of the gun tackles
Is the model already finished, or do you have several things to do?

Модель полностью готова. Приобрёл под нее витрину, и зделал столик из станины от швейной машины.

The model is completely ready. I bought a showcase for it, and made a table from a bed from a sewing machine.

IMG_20230722_060656.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This another wonderful example of Russian exceptionalism in ship model building. Wonderful in every way: attention to detail, clean work, clarity of vision, reality of execution, aesthetically pleasing. Sets a high bar and something to emulate! Congratulations on a beautiful buildExclamation-MarkOkay First Place Metal

Excellent and very business-like build of the Mercury. How was the quality of the kit? Apart from being aware of them as a manufacturer, I don't know much else about them.

. How was the quality of the kit?
Compared to Amati's Avangarb, it's a great set. High-quality BRASS casting, high-quality laser cutting, excellent fine photo etching. You can buy a CNC-cut pear decor. Some complained about the poor convergence of details, I did not notice it. It seems like the body is not according to the drawings, this is not a question for me. The threads for the rigging are very bad, categorically for replacement. Well, the classics are bad instructions, in places they contradict themselves, as the first model without additional information it will be difficult to assemble a ship, but here the Internet helps, there is a channel on YouTube for assembling the model, plus books on rigging.

great work, it's looks beautiful Okay :)
Spectacular!!!! Okay Thumbs-UpGold StarGold StarGold StarGold StarGold Star
wonderful! Very nice detail!
Great work!! Congratulations on your build!
Excellent and very business-like build of the Mercury. How was the quality of the kit? Apart from being aware of them as a manufacturer, I don't know much else about them.
Благодарствую на добром слове!
I thank you for your kind words!

Compared to Amati's Avangarb, it's a great set. High-quality BRASS casting, high-quality laser cutting, excellent fine photo etching. You can buy a CNC-cut pear decor. Some complained about the poor convergence of details, I did not notice it. It seems like the body is not according to the drawings, this is not a question for me. The threads for the rigging are very bad, categorically for replacement. Well, the classics are bad instructions, in places they contradict themselves, as the first model without additional information it will be difficult to assemble a ship, but here the Internet helps, there is a channel on YouTube for assembling the model, plus books on rigging.
Thank you very much for the detailed reply. All in all, then it doesn't sound too bad! I love the history of the ship as it is one of the truly famous Russian naval vessels with a well-documented history. You built a very realistic looking model.

You are absolutely right! I´ve been trying to buy the Eskadra Mercury Brig, but I couldn´t find the way to get it fron Russia. There used to be a dealer, or sometimes on eBay, but not anymore. Would you recomend a serius dealer?

Back