• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

British Royal Navy figures from around 1785 in 1:48 scale

Joined
Sep 21, 2026
Messages
1
Points
1
Hi everyone,

Does anyone here design or make British Royal Navy figures from around 1785 in 1:48 scale?

I’m looking for sailors, officers, and other Royal Navy figures, as well as King George III and Queen Charlotte figures appropriate to the same period.

I am specifically looking for unfinished/unpainted figures, either:

• Unpainted 3D-printed figures that I can purchase and paint myself, or
• Custom-designed STL files that can be printed at 1:48 scale

Historical accuracy and good detail are important, particularly the Royal Navy uniforms and clothing appropriate to circa 1785.

If anyone here makes figures like these—or can recommend a designer, seller, or 3D artist who could create them—I would greatly appreciate any leads.

Thank you very much!
 
Hi everyone,

Does anyone here design or make British Royal Navy figures from around 1785 in 1:48 scale?

I’m looking for sailors, officers, and other Royal Navy figures, as well as King George III and Queen Charlotte figures appropriate to the same period.

I am specifically looking for unfinished/unpainted figures, either:

• Unpainted 3D-printed figures that I can purchase and paint myself, or
• Custom-designed STL files that can be printed at 1:48 scale

Historical accuracy and good detail are important, particularly the Royal Navy uniforms and clothing appropriate to circa 1785.

If anyone here makes figures like these—or can recommend a designer, seller, or 3D artist who could create them—I would greatly appreciate any leads.

Thank you very much!
https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/re-royal-william-1-48-scale.1417/page-38 check out my build log to see these figures in 1/48 scale, I bought them off Etsy they are made by Korabel, hope this helps you,

Best regards John,
 
You should give https://www.herbsfigures.com/ a try—he makes figures exactly the way you want them. His figures are really great; I worked with him to design figures for an entire diorama: Bild.jpeg/shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/granado-1742-diorama-shipyard-at-1741.19969/post-526780
 
Back
Top