broken arm at ice-skating in January and today broken Patella / kneecap

Yesterday I was with my wife and daughter (5 years) ice-skating - everything nice, but cold.......
and off course it happened - I was falling on my arm
I felt some pain, but off course - I mentioned to my wife "no problem, not so serious".
but during the evening it went worse - so my wife sent me to hospital to make some checks - and indeed i had some small broken parts of the bones at my wrist and elbow of the left arm....

nothing serious, but I learnt some lessons, and the most important one:

when your wife telling you to go to hospital - GO !!!!

if you do not have a wife, but you have pain -> Go to a doctor

Oh my I'm sorry to hear that Uwe, I do hope you get well soon,

best regards John.

Hallo my friends - something funny to get a smile on everybody´s face

These is the actual status of paintwork on my cast - 10 days - 10 paintings
16 or 17 will be added, before the cast will be removed

Remark: the blue one on the far left is a sailing ship - the first painting my daughter (5 years) made

IMG_18261.jpg IMG_18271.jpg

Oh my goodness Uwe - to be serious, I am happy it was not like your head. Even though, it is not good for your arm or wrist - things could be worse if you hit your head on the hard ice.

Take are of yourself -

Donnie

Last edited:
30 years no real accidents, but this year is not my year.

Yesterday I walked down some stairs (way to my workshop in the cellar) , but missed the last step - falling down directly on the knee.
Because of pain I went today to my well known hospital - diagnose: broken Patella / kneecap
I did not get a case, but I am for the next time handicapped.......

I am a poor "boy", or? - Due to the fact, that in moment my family is in holiday, I need some hugs from friends

So be careful when you go to your workshop ..... Exclamation-Mark Exclamation-Mark Exclamation-Mark

WOW. Uwe, that is terrible. I am sure you must be in a lot of pain. So, are you saying that hospital has not taken care of it.

WOW. Uwe, that is terrible. I am sure you must be in a lot of pain. So, are you saying that hospital has not taken care of it.
No No, everything fine....it is "only" the Patella bone and luckily not the joint.
The doctor asked if I want to get a cast, but in his opinion a stocking to stabilize would be enough......

Last edited:
As I went through the thread I just wanted to write to you that hopefully you are over it now... and it happened again! Sorry to hear that and I wish a quick recovery... but having said that you might have learned your lessons now... modelling is still more 100 times safer than just walking around, so go back to the bench and spend 24 hours there every day! The worst thing which can happen to you there that you can cut a few fingers off on the circular saw but who cares until you don't break a few bones...
Janos

At 81 plus years, the bigest fear is falling GUESS WHAT I DID TWICE IN 10 days THE LORD WAS WITH ME JUST A SORE BUT, first time carrying a piece of equipment to my daughter not using the walker BAD IDEA, the 2nd time on my patio opened the door and my companion MOSES(MY CAT) ran out and i reached down to stop him AGAIN BAD NEWS, by the way cat ran back inside when i fell smart guy. Don

Back