Buccaneer Pirate Ship from OCCRE

Buccaner! A wonderful ship, my first "real" model, I bought it at premiere around 2015, I immediately knew I had to have it. I don't even remember when it was. It's great to see its build once again. It's perfect for a beginning, it's not entirely simple, sometimes you need to think carefully. Very good choice @almoisey .Regards

It didn't seem very simple to me either. Not very detailed manual and not very clear photos leads to a number of errors. I'm not very happy with how it turned out and I hope the next one will be better. Next-I think it's called rubbing strakes:
IMG_6976.JPEGIMG_6978.JPEGit was very difficult to give them the desired shape.
But I succeeded. It's the hull now:
IMG_6990.JPEGIMG_6991.JPEGIMG_6992.JPEG

It didn't seem very simple to me either. Not very detailed manual and not very clear photos leads to a number of errors. I'm not very happy with how it turned out and I hope the next one will be better. Next-I think it's called rubbing strakes:
View attachment 411786View attachment 411787it was very difficult to give them the desired shape.
But I succeeded. It's the hull now:
View attachment 411788View attachment 411789View attachment 411790

I think that came out looking good! I’m in the same “boat” with an OcCre model being my first build… at first glance, the instructions seem pretty good, but once you dig in, you find they leave quite a bit to figure out yourself. And, yes, more than a few outright mistakes.

Over the past time, I covered the sides with Judean bitumen, glued and varnished the patterns. Also made a gallery on the forecastledeck. I skrutinized the manuals from other models and added an element under the railing: IMG_7013.JPEG

The particular brands in discussion can be purchased in Europe, I am not sure they will ship to the USA. However, Occre cells it, I assume they can ship to the US.

The particular brands in discussion can be purchased in Europe, I am not sure they will ship to the USA. However, Occre cells it, I assume they can ship to the US.

Interesting. Bitumen, among many other uses, is the black "glue" that is used to make asphalt for road paving, and is oil based. I wonder how they maintain emulsion in a water based acrylic. May have to give this a try.

Yes, makes sanding and the second planking so much easier.
Wish I had seen this (or thought of it) a couple of weeks ago as I just wrapped up the first planking, with my “last” step being to ensure all the nails were completely tapped into the hull.

Great looking ship.

Skylights on deck. It's very easy to assemble, just like LEGO:

IMG_7059.JPEGIMG_7069.JPEG
I just painted the deck with black paint under the hatches:
IMG_7070.JPEGIMG_7073.JPEG
A rescue boat is placed on top of the hatches.The set includes a boat made of metal. I don't really like it, but unfortunately I don't have enough experience to make it out of wood. So I just painted and assembled what I had:

IMG_7102.JPGIMG_7103.JPG

Back