Build Log: 18th Century Longboat 1750-1760 by Model Shipways

I've never created a build log before so here it goes.....

Started building 18th Century Longboat by reading the directions. Should be a simple read, but had to reread them several times. Also looked at several build logs here. After cutting out the laser cut pieces for the build and dry fitting bulkheads them I've glued them in place.20200401_140206.jpg20200401_123743.jpg20200403_121953.jpg

Many Thanks for starting this building log - very good start

1/4" scale
didn't think it was as small as it is.
Yes, it's tiny, but will fit on the main deck of my HMS Medea which was a 28 gun 6th rate. No rigging or bowsprit of course.
I'm about a day behind you with mine so we can check each other's progress.
I did have to file open the notches on the bulkheads to get them to dry fit. Did you?

Yes, it's tiny, but will fit on the main deck of my HMS Medea which was a 28 gun 6th rate. No rigging or bowsprit of course.
I'm about a day behind you with mine so we can check each other's progress.
I did have to file open the notches on the bulkheads to get them to dry fit. Did you?
No, the bulkheads fit snug after dry fitting Felt as though they might break when I tried to get them off to glue.

I have found that I did not fair the bulkheads correctly. To much fairing and to little on the bulkheads. This is my first attempt for planking.

Now as you sand you can collect your hull dust, and mix with some white glue and make a putty to fill gaps and cracks, and when it dries you can sand and hardly notice the difference.

Thanks for sharing David. You are doing a good job on a very delicate and fragile model!!!

Back