Build Log: Falconet 1:48 Imperial Yacht Uvalen

Well, after following Walterone's progress on his Uvalen build, I decided I need to take a break from Uvalen to sharpen my skills if I was going to do any justice to this very nice kit. So I picked up Widwest Productions 1:24 Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack and went to work. Here's how it turned out:

IMG_1649.JPG
IMG_1646.JPG
IMG_1647.JPG

I replaced nearly every piece of hardware and scratchbuilt the anchor. Also replaced the kit stand, although I'm not convinced it wasn't more suitable than the one I created. I'm also working on a tiny lobster trap to place on the desk, but that's not finished yet.

I think I will probably try Model Shipways' New York Pilot Boat Phantom or the Thonier de Groix St. Gildas by Soclaine(?) (or both!) before I turn back to Uvalen.

Last edited:
Well, after following Walterone's progress on his Uvalen build, I decided I need to take a break from Uvalen to sharpen my skills if I was going to do any justice to this very nice kit. So I picked up Widwest Productions 1:24 Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack and went to work. Here's how it turned out:

View attachment 310188
View attachment 310189
View attachment 310190

I replaced nearly every piece of hardware and scratchbuilt the anchor. Also replaced the kit stand, although I'm not convinced it wasn't more suitable than the one I created. I'm also working on a tiny lobster trap to place on the desk, but that's not finished yet.

I think I will probably try Model Shipways' New York Pilot Boat Phantom or the Thonier de Groix St. Gildas by Soclaine(?) (or both!) before I turn back to Uvalen.
Good morning- lovely model. Congratulations.

Back