Build log; Pride of Baltimore II, Model Shipways

Greetings-- I've been working on a model of (sort of) the Pride of Baltimore II and realized I hadn't posted a log here. Here's a link to my Model Ship World log;

I welcome any and all comments from people who have built this beautiful ship, and any others too.

BTW-- I say "sort of" the Pride of Baltimore II because I won't be following the plans 100%. For one thing, I'll be omitting all the ugly 20th century things like propellors,radar, etc. A period Baltimore clipper would have had a much cleaner deck to allow for normal functions including possibly fighting, so I may omit deck furniture such as engine room hatches, etc. I'm honestly not sure exactly where I'll end up. I'm not a stickler for historical accuracy by any means. I just find the look of the Baltimore clippers so beautiful, with their clean, sleek lines and highly raked masts. My aim is to end up with a good looking model of such a ship,based on but not limited by the POB II.

Have a look!

Hello Brewerpaul, you may not aware, but some of our members lost access to the website you have mentioned above. and will not be able to see your workmanship. If you don't mind, to create a build log here, so all the members could possibly see and most important comment. :)

Back