Build Logs

What are they, why do you need them, if i buy a kit for $100, am i not going to get instructions or what all i need to build the kit.

Look at this site it has everything you need.

modelexpo-online.com/Ship-Model-Combos

What are they, why do you need them, if i buy a kit for $100, am i not going to get instructions or what all i need to build the kit.
Take a look at this subforum

build logs add to the over all build because there are many pit falls and gaps in the instructions. Kits and their instructions are just a starting point

Build logs provide two main purposed in my thought.

First, a place to show others what work you are doing and how you have done different tasks. We all want to see what others have done, and it helps others decide if that ship or kit may be worth their time down the road.

Second, it is a place to learn from others, and also have others help you with problems you may have. I have seen many build logs where the builder figures out there is a problem with kit plans or instructions and has asked for help, or helps to identify the errors so those who build a kit later on, won't have to learn the hard way what to do to overcome the kit problems.

Even in scratch building it is helpful to review build logs. We have the Blandford Group Build going where many members are building from scratch the same ship in cross section, but for those like me joining the build two years after it started, I can read form those who have completed the build what are the plan errors, (many of which have now been corrected for new builders), and what are the best way to complete specific tasks as they come up in the build.

You don't need a build log, but the befits really outweighs the time and effort it takes to post on the forums.

Kurt Konrath

Back