Buying my 1st plank on frame

I just purchased Model Expo's HMS Bounty Launch 1:16 scale. Does anyone have feedback if I'm in over my head for my 1st plank on frame build? Also, are Model Expo instructions easy to understand? I was given the English Pinnace by Model Shipways as a gift but someone on a post said this kit required a good knowledge of building kits. I'm scared about ruining a kit but I need to just do it! Thanks for any feedback on this one. :eek:

Zoltan - Phew - that's good to hear on the instructions! Do you think this kit will work for a beginner?

Ahh. Zoltan beat me to the instructions.

The Launch is a very nice model. I built it a few years back. My log is at MSB. Only thing is the thin strips of cherry wood used for framing are a bit difficult. Plan on breaking a few while bending. But ME gives enough stock to complete. Most frames i broke is because the strips were cut crossed grain from kits.

Sorry I've been so long with replies. I've been busy with another kit and work is always busy around the holiday season. I want to thank everyone for their feedback and responses to my questions. Thanks goes to Zoltan for sending me the pdf file for this kit!!!!

Donnie - I'm hoping I can start work on this kit as soon as I finish work on my Nantucket lightship. I'm really looking forward to working with another wooden kit! This would be my first attempt with planking and I hope I can do it justice . By the way, your work on the San Felipe is superb !!! Good Holidays !!!

A first build is always a bit daunting, but just take it slow & steady and take the time to think ahead a little. Every model is a learning experience and the thing is to enjoy it whilst learning from it. If anyone tells you that they do not learn something from every build they do then they are not being entirely honest!

Back