CAF-French mortar ship 1/48

I thought that the carlings were supposed to be flush to the deck beams?

I thought that the carlings were supposed to be flush to the deck beams?
Not on every ship. On some french the carlings were deaper (red arrow), and additional planks with wider width were laying on top of the carlings (green arrows). These planks were installed parallel to the beams and rectangle to the carlings
-> with this structure, the final deck-planks were laying "only" on top of the beams and these (green arrow) planks
IMG_84671.jpg

@CAFmodel Whoever build such a nice model, clearly has woodworking\metalsmith knowledge and skills to show. Thumbs-Up But this is the real example of the kit quality, and possibilities to make a gorgeous showcase model.
So here are my questions: Is the model you presented to us build only from timber supplied in the kit? Is the model shown build from 'A' timber set or 'B'? For those who don't familiar, CAFmodel grade kit timber by letters.
I understand that good quality kits will be costly, and while comparing to other manufacturers it is not that pricy. I almost positive, whish them to be more affordable (IMHO) ;)

Hallo Cafmodel,
I bought La Salamandre by Ebay. Now I see, it is Version 2.0., without the new Hawse Pieces. Is it possible to order this part individually in your shop?
Best regards
Ralph

Back