CAF models ships boat kit.

Bryian

Staff member
Forum Moderator

Hi gang,
thought I would share a few photos of a side project I have been working on. Its the CAF models ships boat, a full plank on frame cutter.
Photos below shows the building cradle and fine detailed laser cut parts. The instructions are clearly defined in a step by step assembly with Chinese and English text.

.IMG_3558 copy.jpgIMG_3558 copy.jpgIMG_3559 copy.jpg

I didn't make a formal build log, but heres a photo of the current status of the build. Still need to add some internal fittings, oars and oarlocks.

The second photo is the boat sitting on my H.M.S Alfred 74 scratch build. Its just there for the photo but not fixed into position.

.IMG_3561 copy.jpgIMG_3560 copy.jpg

This is a tip for you with regards to holding the very fine planking to the frames during construction, I used spring loaded clips to hold things in place.
These particular clips are used in the electronic profession for holding fine wires together for soldering.
.IMG_3563 copy.jpgIMG_3563 copy.jpg

Last edited:
This is a tip for you with regards to holding the very fine planking to the frames during construction, I used spring loaded clips to hold things in place.
These particular clips are used in the electronic profession for holding fine wires together for soldering.
.View attachment 201294

Hi Brian... as always you are doing a professional job. May I ask if you can post a link to a seller of those clips. And how are they named ?

One more.... how do you place the clip to hold a plank ?

Thank you !!
Daniel

JCAR are selling these clips in Australia.
János

Hi Janos... thank you for your help.

In Australia, I found JAYCAR as an electronic company. Is this the correct company ?

Nevertheless, at JAYCAR eletronics from Australia I can't find the "spring loaded clips posted by Brian".

Any help with a link will be appreciated.

I am very curious now because from Brian picture and without ever seeing before those spring loaded clips I can't figured at all how he used them.

Thank you
Daniel

Daniel,

the clips are readily available at any electronics store, but I have attached some information on a data sheet below, and perhaps you can Google for them.

Attachments

• 1782455.pdf
    91.2 KB · Views: 16
Daniel,

the clips are readily available at any electronics store, but I have attached some information on a data sheet below, and perhaps you can Google for them.

Thank you Brian. I’ve never seen something like that. Now I have something to google.

Thanks again
Daniel

Hello Janos,
I looked at JCAR online but still couldn't locate them, I guess will have to wait until I get into town and have a look in store.
My apologies, my spelling error. JAYCAR is the correct name.
János

I didn't make a formal build log, but heres a photo of the current status of the build. Still need to add some internal fittings, oars and oarlocks.

The second photo is the boat sitting on my H.M.S Alfred 74 scratch build. Its just there for the photo but not fixed into position.

.View attachment 201292View attachment 201293
Brian,
Just an ignorant question. Is the hull of the boat painted?
János

Back