CANOE by Uwe - european version in pear

Well, maybe I was just lucky.!
Ordered mine same time frame. Sergey shipped two separate packages. First arrived in about 6 weeks. Second arrived about a week later.

USPS is screwed up though.. I signed up for Informed Delivery..... It worked fine for about one week. NOTHING since then...just squat.!!
Now with the current news, who knows.??

Just got this notice from USPS. Man, I'm excited, waiting by the door. :) Coffee.

August 21, 2020, 8:57 am
Out for Delivery
WYOMING, MI 49519
Your item is out for delivery on August 21, 2020 at 8:57 am in WYOMING, MI 49519.
August 21, 2020, 7:23 am
Arrived at Unit
WYOMING, MI 49509
August 20, 2020, 6:02 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
GRAND RAPIDS MI DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX

EJ

It Came! 8 weeks and 2 days. Aged wood.

The mail carrier was looking it over pretty good when she dropped it off.

Package in good shape.

UrUoE92.jpg

eoWOt4j.jpg

20OZ45l.jpg

When I placed the order I told him I didn't need the building base board or the ply for the station molds, to just leave them out and toss in some exrea sticks.

So, I got 10 extra 3/32" square (planking), 18 extra 1/8" X 1/32" (ribs inside keel), and 4 extra 1/4" X 1/32" (Keel & gunwales).

NICE. Looks very good. Very clean and accurate machining.

gVN6qK7.jpg

MZwmC0Q.jpg

I'll be interested in seeing how this wood "works". Nice color, similar to the cherry.

EJ

Yay.!!!
You Win.!! Prize for longest delivery time from Russia.! Congratulations.!! ExplosionExplosionExclamation-MarkExclamation-MarkExplosionExplosion
Yes - but the problem was not from or because of Russia - it was mainly the delay inside Austria

After 5 weeks in the custom office here in Austria I finally got my timber - two sets from @bibigon - now I need some spare time to start also with the build....
View attachment 176271Well packed and high quality wood - Once more thank you for the service

Sure was well packed. And the quality of the wood is very high indeed. And cut to very close tolerance...
All together with the service.... very impressive.
G

Looking like a build will start shortly, and you will just have another project in works, like many of us.
When you start you can be assured of a short project without a lot of rigging, sails, and guns to draw things out. Have a keel laying party! Rich

I can't wait to see how this project goes! Be sure to keep us updated!
Maybe soon I'll get into this project myself. Best of luck!

I can't wait to see how this project goes! Be sure to keep us updated!
Maybe soon I'll get into this project myself. Best of luck!
Unfortunately this project is on-hold in moment - but once I have more time I will give it a try.
Would be great to see yours here in a small log ....

Back