Szkutnik Carved Ship Decorations - made by SZKUTNIK

Are you offering that you could print, not just the decor, but an entire hull form, if someone should want it?
Yes. Mark. Kris has the ability to print hulls. Not sure about this specific ship, and there are some limitations about the width of the hull (not the length), as far as I can remember. The hull assembles from multiple parts.

Ahoy!

Are you offering that you could print, not just the decor, but an entire hull form, if someone should want it?

@Hubac's Historian - YES. We can print hull form in parts. Currently we have ready hulls to models: SAINT PHILIPPE and HMS TYGER (TIGER).
We can design and perform 3D hull form for each model. Maximum width 56 cm ( 22 inches). More details You will find here:

<https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/threads/pob-hull-new-solution-for-impatient-modelers.6676/>

So I followed that link, and I have to say that I am just completely floored; what an interesting subject - the HMS Tyger of 1681!

Well, let me get to my particular interest in your current offerings. I love the lanterns you have designed for the St. Philippe. I would be very interested in isolating these elements, scaling up the central lantern a bit, so that it is larger than the side lanterns, but within the realm of plausibility for 1:96.

I could make these lanterns from scratch, but each one would be enormously time-consuming to make well, and I doubt that I could achieve a better result.

Is a small job like that something that would interest you?

These MM dimensions convert to less than an inch, imperial, and I can see that that might be difficult to capture well. However, what I am looking for is actually going to be slightly larger than an inch, imperial. I will take some custom measurements, specific to the side and central lanterns, and I will convert them to MM. Maybe then, you can tell me what you think.

I fully agree with Bryian - especially when we see the real size of these elements - compared with the cm-ruler
So the lion is only somehow between 5 and 6 cm long -> Very good work

Back