CFShipModel 1/150th Nina

Hey guys, sorry I exited stage left to oblivion for the winter, daily life became shall we say difficult at best. My health issues hitting hard
combined with the ol winter blues mixed with many different prescriptions resulted in a deep depression the last few months. Im still in
a funk but finally worked up the courage to at least rear my ugly head once more around here. It's my intention to become active again
with the community and revive my Nina project.

Status of Nina is she's shoved off in a box awaiting decent weather as I do most cutting of wood outdoors. We have snow at the moment but
Im hoping for a few good days soon to haul out the lathe and feel good enough to use it, to turn masts and spars. Then she'll just need some
sails and details before I call it a done deal.

My oldest son gifted me a Trumpeter USS England in 1/350th for Christmas and I have been fiddling with it a little on my better days since
the holidays. There really isnt much done yet but I want to make a ship shape model out of it. There doesn't seem to be much interest in
plastic on SOS so I didn't think a build log would encourage anything except a lone cricket fart in the last row of the parking lot. If there is
interest though, I could whip up a sudo follow along at the ravings of a madman trying to convince himself he can work in plastic too.

So, your most unfavorite mental patient with very little patience is still alive and plans to swim to the shallow end of his own personal
cesspool to rejoin the crew if the crew will have him back. Many rude and obnoxious comments will follow, I hope.

Until next time as my mom always told me, "When life gives you lemons, punch life right in the face for being stupid"
Welcome back my dear friend, we missed you. I'm glad you're with us again and we can enjoy your company, and your work and your unique sense of humor. I wish you that things will improve with you and that spring will bring with it a welcome change

Hey guys, sorry I exited stage left to oblivion for the winter, daily life became shall we say difficult at best. My health issues hitting hard
combined with the ol winter blues mixed with many different prescriptions resulted in a deep depression the last few months. Im still in
a funk but finally worked up the courage to at least rear my ugly head once more around here. It's my intention to become active again
with the community and revive my Nina project.

Status of Nina is she's shoved off in a box awaiting decent weather as I do most cutting of wood outdoors. We have snow at the moment but
Im hoping for a few good days soon to haul out the lathe and feel good enough to use it, to turn masts and spars. Then she'll just need some
sails and details before I call it a done deal.

My oldest son gifted me a Trumpeter USS England in 1/350th for Christmas and I have been fiddling with it a little on my better days since
the holidays. There really isnt much done yet but I want to make a ship shape model out of it. There doesn't seem to be much interest in
plastic on SOS so I didn't think a build log would encourage anything except a lone cricket fart in the last row of the parking lot. If there is
interest though, I could whip up a sudo follow along at the ravings of a madman trying to convince himself he can work in plastic too.

So, your most unfavorite mental patient with very little patience is still alive and plans to swim to the shallow end of his own personal
cesspool to rejoin the crew if the crew will have him back. Many rude and obnoxious comments will follow, I hope.

Until next time as my mom always told me, "When life gives you lemons, punch life right in the face for being stupid"

Welcome back Clair !!!

Daniel

It is great to have you back with us, Clair! Yay!! :) I am sure our community of friendliest members will help for a speedy recovery.

Tis the moment no one has been waiting for!! A build log of CFShipModel's Nina ( aka: The Lil Ship That Might But Isnt Entirely Sure ) in astounding and
collosal 1/150th scale.

Our story starts long ago ( about an hour or so ) in a shipyard far far away ( well, just over there, yeah the tv tray in front of the couch ) where a mysterious giant began
building a ship so the wee people of Microscopis could sail across the formidible and dangerous Wirlpool Of DeTub ( bath tub that is ) in search of new lands. The giant
( actually rather short at 5'5 ) procured his bounty of keel, timber, and fittings from the benevolent Gods Of Ebay, eager to build the little folks ship of discovery "Nina".
We now join as the giant ( me really in a goofy disguise as myself ) begins carefully constructing the keel and frames...... ( Camera pans in.... crap, camera person fell asleep )

Hey Guys,

I did it, I finally started and got very little done, but with this size of a model that may be a good bit done. I pretty much worked until I went crosseyed and had to stop.
I cant see well with or without my glasses but bifocals drive me nutty, so I worked without. So far just cut the keel and half of the bulkheads free from their ply sheets,
sanded carefully, and glued them in place. This stuff actually seems smaller to me once it's removed from the ply. They all went together nice and snug except for the
one farthest towards the bow. Lil bugger fell right off and I had a heck of a time getting it back from the floor monster. Im going to let the glue set up, uncross my eyes,
and then return to it later tonight or tomorrow. As for now Im off to cut up some junk wood for a fire tonight to relax by.

To all here from the USA, Happy 4th of July!! And to those not.... Well Happy 4th of July anyhow :)

Here's a few quick photo's to show work done and just how silly small this thing is!!! Yes, Im applying glue with a toothpick!

Clair
Hallo @Clair G
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back