CFShipModel 1/150th Nina

Thank you @WarrLight , you really wouldn't believe how much time he spends watching me work on Nina :)
Hades has been a faithful crewmate and as you say, hard to match! One idea about getting adhesive into small cracks as an alternative to a toothpick. . . small syringes from your pharmacy like a BD 3 ml syrige and 18 gauge x 1.5" needle are great applicators for Tightbond adhesive when it is drawn up. It does not solidify inside and the cap over the needle keeps it ready to flow when I need to work some into very tight planking gaps. . . then I smear the excess around a litle bit and next sand the area. The sawdust goes into the former gap and dries very quickly. It is like the saying that a good painter can make a finish carpenter out of anyone. Adhesive plus some sanding can bring amateur plankers (me) to a step up with this bandage approach. Still have to work on getting it right the first time though. PT2

HY CLAI, I WOULD NEVER ATTEMPT TO DO SOMETHING THAT SMALL IT WOULD BE DESTROYED IN AN HOUR, JUST AN EXEPTIONAL BUILD IN THAT SCALE. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
Some of those who want to pump/move up (from anything they are challenged to do) may use steroids instead of adhesive in the syringe for microscopic challenges!!! PT-2

Just a quick whats up guys, been yet another nutty week around Planet Clair. I have done absolutely zero model work since my last
posting. My usual poor health and all kinds of family stuff going on. My daughter moved out last night taking Hades with her. My
mother in law will soon be moving in. She has been diagnosed with cancer but thankfully it is treatable. I will be spending most
of my not sick time fixing up a room in the basement to give to one of the boys so mom can take one of their rooms. It may slow
progress on Nina down some but it wont stop it. I'm hoping to do a little work on Nina today, just some simple stuff as Im not
feeling the greatest.

Hope all my friends are doing well.
Clair

Dear Clair
I was sorry to hear about the health difficulties and challenges you and your mother-in-law are experiencing these days. Wishing you a lot of health and strength in the process of dealing with the things you mentioned. Believes short episodes in the construction of the ship will give you the breathing space you need to go through this special uplift.

Just a quick whats up guys, been yet another nutty week around Planet Clair. I have done absolutely zero model work since my last
posting. My usual poor health and all kinds of family stuff going on. My daughter moved out last night taking Hades with her. My
mother in law will soon be moving in. She has been diagnosed with cancer but thankfully it is treatable. I will be spending most
of my not sick time fixing up a room in the basement to give to one of the boys so mom can take one of their rooms. It may slow
progress on Nina down some but it wont stop it. I'm hoping to do a little work on Nina today, just some simple stuff as Im not
feeling the greatest.

Clair
Family always comes first. I had to take some time off recent for family myself. Take care of yourself in the process of everything. I hope things get better for you. Interested to see how the. Nina turns out. my old eyes and club hands couldn’t work with something that small. i guess you still have Leroy Jethro Gibbs to slap you on the head when needed like on NCIS. ;-)

Family always comes first. I had to take some time off recent for family myself. Take care of yourself in the process of everything. I hope things get better for you. Interested to see how the. Nina turns out. my old eyes and club hands couldn’t work with something that small. i guess you still have Leroy Jethro Gibbs to slap you on the head when needed like on NCIS. ;-)
Rotation of living quarters for your daughter and mother-in -law continues the multi-generational life style of past years. She is blessed to have your home for care. Take care of yourself as well. PT-2

feeling the greatest.

Clair
Been there, done that. Several times. Hope you feel better soon.

Been there, done that. Several times. Hope you feel better soon.
Well, you can possibly rationalize things as, well that bummer is behind me and I don't have to look forward to it. We never know what may be coming so do the best that you can with every moment. . . after all each moment is all that there actually is. Just a thought. PT-2

Thanks guys, your support means the world to me! I dont think the making a room will be very difficult and maybe just take a couple weeks.
I just wont be working on my sickly days like today. Hardest thing to do though will be relocating the hot water tank and thats easy peasy
stuff when you were a maintenance man a few years for apartment buildings, thats what I did after trucking. It was a much easier job with
single parenting :) We'll probably have a family meeting tonight to hammer out the exact plan, then I can execute it.

feeling the greatest.

Clair

So instead of daughter going to Hades, Hades is going to her.

Back