Charles Morgan Bark 1:64 POB - By Bill-R

Thanks Kurt. It’s all part of the adventure.

Bill
part of the adventure ...... should be interesting ..... I like your way of handling such a situation
Definitely keep care and stay safe
Everything can be replaced, only the life not

Thanks everyone for your concern. We reassessed our future situation and decided to move to a safer location about 150 miles away.

Bill

Hello everyone,

Just received my Charles Morgan kit form Model Expo. I placed the order this past Tuesday and it was delivered today. Three days. You can't beat that. I will say though that I live Florida, but you still can't beat that. Also, I have had my eye on the Charles Morgan for a long time, but when I saw the sale Model Expo was having on it, I snapped it up. The regular price is $469.99 and the sale price is $228.50. I have never been disappointed with Model Expo's customer service.

Lately I have been doing a lot research for an upcoming clipper build. While I am doing that, I will start the Charles Morgan.
BTW, when my wife saw the new kit, she asked "Are you going to finish that one". I don't know what she means, but challenge accepted.

Bill

View attachment 465195View attachment 465196
View attachment 465197
Hallo @Bill-R
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

That's nice shaping of the transom block.

I'm following you along in my instruction book and was wondering why the slots for the transom framing and the hole for the rudder aren't required to be cut out before gluing the block to Bulkhead O. It seems an easier thing to do the cutting first. Can you see their reason?

Hi Smithy,

I just felt I would be able to align the transom framing slots and the rudder post hole better with the counter in place. I have seen on other post that most builders cut the hole and the slots before gluing the counter into place. I find that a lot of times I just see things through a different set of eyes. :)

Bill

Back