Chebec Le Requin build

Beautiful, I’ve often thought about doing a full scratch build of the Requin, I have everything from Ancre and plans etc…..
but the fragility of the framing even at 1:48 scale worries me.
How do you find it going? Very easy to snap off toptimbers while moving around the model?

Thank you for the comments and likes, So far so good trussben no breakages yet!!!! Timber supplied is lovely quality and the jig supplied makes the ribs very strong, the Ancre plans are a must unless you fluent in Chinese. Some awkward places to try and get my short fat fingers in. So glad I stopped working on this and built the Trident Alert model first, gained valuable experience needed for this build. Love to see you start a build log, have a go sir

For all members reading the last posts about the ancre plans, here you can find the planset review, which would be or is necessary to understand this complex model better

LE REQUIN - Xebec - 1750" - scale 1:48
by Jean Boudriot & Hubert Berti

Good morning. Wow- this is above my pay grade and a massive amount of work brilliantly executed. Lovely. Cheers Grant
Hi Grant thank you, I look at it as minimum 3-4 years work off and on, so to me it worth the money. Plus it great kit quality of timber etc is excellent and learning a few Chinese words as well !!!!

you are well prepared with all the beams - so the installation should go fastly :rolleyes:

does anybody know if there were many other types of ships that had such a pronounced bend on the cross beams?
f.e. also the Galley Fleur de Lis had a similar bend

IMG_20811.jpg

or La Diligente, a Tartane

monographie-de-la-diligente-tartane-du-roi-1738 (7).jpg

The Requin has an additional need for such a bigger bend, because the deck beam structure is very special

IMG_36751.jpg

Few beams fixed in place, does anybody know if there were many other types of ships that had such a pronounced bend on the cross beams?
One of the ships (actually a boat) that have such a curved deck is Leudo. The Leudo was a cargo boat displacing 15 to 20 tons with a hull length of about 15 meters - it was used for the trade of small concerns – hardware, agricultural tools, hand-manufactured goods, cloth – in the Mediterranean Sea.

1649252215851.png

Just found this build....can't believe I've missed it until now.
Am now following with keen interest.

Back