Clamp Mod

I have a bunch of these clamps as everyone probably does. Every time I go to use one at least one of the jaws is facing the wrong way. I was looking at Maartens "Alert" build and noticed that he had torn the jaws off at least some of his clamps.
Post 177. Has anyone else done this? Does it help or just make more problems?20210112_213242.jpg

@Maarten removed the jaws because the contact area on this example (photo) is very small and with jaws it would be not possible

For such situations I am using several of these tweezers for soldering
4142-B-loetkreuzpinzette.png

you can buy them very cheap

Yes, I have done this. As you found out, there is a pin that you can remove and the jaw tip comes out. I have also used a knife or sanding machine to customize the tip in the shape I want.

Yes…I have also modified clamps…a lot. A word about clamps…you can find useful clamps in many places that are not the usual sources…clothes pins are one example…electronics alligator clamps…garden plant clamps…quilting clamps from fabric stores...paper clips and clamps from office supply stores...the list goes on! I have a plastic bin full of all sorts of weird clamps that all work when needed…so yes…modify away! :)

Back