Clara May - Covered in Keith Julier's Book?

Hi All,
I'm a newbie to wooden ship modelling and have inherited a number of kits in various stages of completion (which I intend to complete) from my father.

I'm looking for some tips on the one I am currently working on (Clara May - Artesania Latina). I understand that Keith Julier wrote an article on this Clara May model in Model Boats in October 2003. However being so old, this magazine is hard to source and a bit expensive to send back to Australia from the one I found online in the UK.

I did find, both via Google and on the Ships Of Scale review here (https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...ew-period-ship-handbook-by-keith-julier.2010/ ) that apparently Keith Julier may have covered the Clara May in his book The New Period Ship Handbook. However, although a number of sites say that it covers the Clara May, the photo provided of the contents page on this site doesn't mention the Clara May as a chapter heading.

Does anyone with the book The New Period Ship Handbook know whether it does actually cover the Clara May, or is this a mistake by the publisher?

Ideally I'd love to get a copy of both the Model Boats article and the book, but the book is available via post locally and will end up being the same price as sourcing the magazine from the UK, and will have more content and will arrive a lot quicker.

Thanks in advance,
Jimmy

Hi All,
I'm a newbie to wooden ship modelling and have inherited a number of kits in various stages of completion (which I intend to complete) from my father.

I'm looking for some tips on the one I am currently working on (Clara May - Artesania Latina). I understand that Keith Julier wrote an article on this Clara May model in Model Boats in October 2003. However being so old, this magazine is hard to source and a bit expensive to send back to Australia from the one I found online in the UK.

I did find, both via Google and on the Ships Of Scale review here (https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...ew-period-ship-handbook-by-keith-julier.2010/ ) that apparently Keith Julier may have covered the Clara May in his book The New Period Ship Handbook. However, although a number of sites say that it covers the Clara May, the photo provided of the contents page on this site doesn't mention the Clara May as a chapter heading.

Does anyone with the book The New Period Ship Handbook know whether it does actually cover the Clara May, or is this a mistake by the publisher?

Ideally I'd love to get a copy of both the Model Boats article and the book, but the book is available via post locally and will end up being the same price as sourcing the magazine from the UK, and will have more content and will arrive a lot quicker.

Thanks in advance,
Jimmy
I have the book and I can'T find the metioned ship in there

These are the book reviews of the Juliers Period Ship Handbooks, everytime with the Content listing - unfortunately no Clara May

Back