Colin Archer RS 1 anno 1893

I have started to plan another project, a famous ship from Norway that was used to rescue sailors. The rescue company exists today as well. this becomes a model at scale 1:15, so that means it will be about 1 meter long. as usual I have started with the anchor. waiting for the drawings from the Norwegian Maritime Museum. I get this in a week
.image.jpg

Last edited:
Many thanks, a very interesting link. Is the price in Norwegian krones ?
In Norway usually all prices are shown in Norwegian Kroner .
The currency exchange rate to Euro is appr. for easier calculation: 0,1 Euro = 1,0 NOK

BTW: They have a very interesting web-page

and they have also a Digital Museum in the meantime

I don't know what I did wrong, I copied the address but it doesn't work, sorry,

Jim, I don't know what's wrong with the website, I got a summons for a club meeting on November 20, thank you , Knut.

Hello.

Today the drawings were waiting for me:

so now it was just to put the team sketch on the table and start planning the topic sizes for the first parts.

The drawings are on a scale of 1:20
the model will scale at 1:15

This means that I had to figure out how many% increase the drawings had to be enlarged in.

The original has a length of 13950mm and divided by 15 so it becomes 930mm length from stern to stern.

Found that if I enlarged the drawings 135% then it would be the right measure.

Will be getting steel for the keel monday. It is divided into 3 parts.

I have to get hold of 3 topics on respectively:

45 x 40 x 324 mm
40 x 40 x 275 mm
40 x 35 x 186 mm

image.jpg

Last edited:
Have just started drawing the chips, as I will not be able to do much more with the keel until next week. should then level the keel on a CNC milling cutter.

First I cut out the raft no. 12 in the middle of the boat. marked along the edge and took with D1 to D5 to be used to determine how many degrees the span should swing inward.
I'm not very good at the different things. what they are.
pulled from the 8 mm keel and baseboard.
Then tried and find a suitable one. thickness of the lattice.
since it is chip no. 12, there will be no result
9BE07AAB-56A9-49E7-82E4-0B6C40910A10.jpeg0F68861B-B489-42BC-B36C-0AC19D78C6C2.jpegimage.jpg

Last edited:
Back