Columbus ships, Santa Maria and Pinta, kit by Amati... [COMPLETED BUILD]

A little power station is prepared to hold the battery for SM lights...

SantaMAria1288.jpg

SantaMAria1291.jpg

Testing fitting...

SantaMAria1289.jpg

The cover that will be opened freely, no hooks. The idea is to keep it closed while lights are on or off...

SantaMAria1290.jpg

The switch is attached between two pieces of plank and glued at the top with few CA drops.. The assembly is glued to the side of a box.

SantaMAria1292.jpg

SantaMAria1293.jpg

All sides are sanded and glued together..

SantaMAria1294.jpg

SantaMAria1295.jpg

The wires are soldered and protected..

SantaMAria1296.jpg

SantaMAria1297.jpg

And glued to the pedestal..

SantaMAria1298.jpg

When lights are needed, cover will be opened and switch slides to on position, cover comes back on.... nothing fancy...

The next is little work on the eagle head (guessing this is an eagle) that is mounted at the front of a ship. Just little sanding and cleaning with wire brush and applying a bit of weathering with graphite powder...

SantaMAria1299.jpg

Happy modelling..

After adding shields (or insignias) I believe I can call it - completed! After close to 2 years I was managed to build two models, Pinta and Santa Maria...
The proper photos will follow...

Thank you all VERY MUCH for following my build and tolerating my weak knowledge in ship terms and terminologies...

Looking forward to the new build, off course after I clean up my work space... Now the hardest part of all builds: finding free space for a display...

As always, happy modelling.

SantaMAria1300.jpg

SantaMAria1301.jpg

SantaMAria1302.jpg

After adding shields (or insignias) I believe I can call it - completed! After close to 2 years I was managed to build two models, Pinta and Santa Maria...

Thank you all VERY MUCH for following my build and tolerating my weak knowledge in ship terms and terminologies...

Looking forward to the new build, off course after I clean up my work space... Now the hardest part of all builds: finding free space for a display...

View attachment 442624

View attachment 442623

View attachment 442622
Good morning. Beautiful and I’m looking forward to the photos of the two ships together.Cheers Grant

Hello moreplovac, I congratulate you on completing a beautiful model of the Santa Maria and I'm looking forward to building Le Rochefort. You won't be alone, Oliver has decided to start over.

View attachment 442624

View attachment 442623

View attachment 442622
Beautifully made model. Congratulations on finishing the build, It's been a great and enjoyable journey following your updates... Cheers and "Happy, Future Modelling" to you. Cheers.

Hello moreplovac, I congratulate you on completing a beautiful model of the Santa Maria and I'm looking forward to building Le Rochefort. You won't be alone, Oliver has decided to start over.
Thanks Tobias, cannot wait to start cutting, sanding, etc...good thing, lots of people already started the build and I will just learn from their' logs, making sure my build goes without to much hiccups...
Cheers

Congrats, my friend!! A beautifully crafted model of Santa Maria!!! I applaud your patience and systematic approach from start to finish!

Congrats, my friend!! A beautifully crafted model of Santa Maria!!! I applaud your patience and systematic approach from start to finish!
Thank you Jimsky, won't be able to complete without honest comments from forum... looking forward to the next build...

Cheers

Congratulations also from my side - well done !!!!
I am looking forward to follow your work on the Rochefort

Congratulations also from my side - well done !!!!
I am looking forward to follow your work on the Rochefort
Thank you Uwek... Appreciated. I am also looking forward to Rochefort but also tempted to start aside one of my favourite model, Xebec... must take control of my self :)

Back