Command Deck.- Mantua / Panart #709

Kurt Konrath

Kurt Konrath

Ok this will be a build log of the Panart Deluxe Command Deck sold by Mantua.

I saw this kit a few months ago and order it as I like the mini action scenes.

So here is kit overview so far.

Nice set of plans and instructions with photos to show steps to be completed.

This is basically a Quarter Deck station on a medium size ship not specific to period or navy.

Simple set of ribs and frames support nice decks and side walls to attach and lots of generic details to go with it. It does leave lots of room for upgrades and scratch builders to go further with it.

So here are photos:
IMG_0066.jpegIMG_0068.jpegIMG_0069.jpegIMG_0070.jpegIMG_0071.jpegIMG_0072.jpegIMG_0073.jpegIMG_0079.jpegIMG_0081.jpegIMG_0082.jpegIMG_0084.jpegIMG_0085.jpegIMG_0086.jpegIMG_0087.jpegIMG_0088.jpegIMG_0090.jpeg

IMG_0077.jpeg

IMG_0091.jpeg

Ok this will be a build log of the Panart Deluxe Command Deck sold by Mantua.

I saw this kit a few months ago and order it as I like the mini action scenes.

So here is kit overview so far.

Nice set of plans and instructions with photos to show steps to be completed.

This is basically a Quarter Deck station on a medium size ship not specific to period or navy.

Simple set of ribs and frames support nice decks and side walls to attach and lots of generic details to go with it. It does leave lots of room for upgrades and scratch builders to go further with it.

So here are photos:
View attachment 373528View attachment 373529View attachment 373530View attachment 373531View attachment 373532View attachment 373533View attachment 373534View attachment 373536View attachment 373537View attachment 373538View attachment 373539View attachment 373540View attachment 373541View attachment 373542View attachment 373543View attachment 373544

View attachment 373535

View attachment 373545
Good morning Kurt. Looks like a kit which one can add plenty to. I like the figurines, adds a fun touch to it. Cheers Grant

After a bit more sanding to make notches fit better I glued up the frame starting with rib 1 the lower front while supporting the rear with the last frame and slowly added each frame after glue had time to set from earlier frame. Lastly I glued the 5 top deck supports in between last two ribs.

When dryer I test fit the decks. They will need stained before installing.

IMG_0092.jpeg

After a bit more sanding to make notches fit better I glued up the frame starting with rib 1 the lower front while supporting the rear with the last frame and slowly added each frame after glue had time to set from earlier frame. Lastly I glued the 5 top deck supports in between last two ribs.

When dryer I test fit the decks. They will need stained before installing.

View attachment 373549
Dear Kurt
Starting a special project with a very impressive work Thumbsup :)
I will join all my friends and continue to follow you with great curiosity, because I am sure you will do a beautiful job

I'll be watching as well Kurt Thumbsup
It's a kit that has tremendous possibilities because it's basically OK for accuracy so it lets the builder go on from there. I have just started building this kit and already have sooo many 'kit bashing' ideas - ranging from just adding figures to planking and remodelling the deck structures into something else.
Choices, choices. :).

One reason I got this was the fact it doesn't represent a specific ship, nation or period, so it can be bashed to make it more of what you like.

I do plan to close up the ends at least, probably a dark flat of balsa or other cheap wood stock, and maybe do some interior of the cabin with lights, who knows.

Back