Craft 145 a Japanese pull saw

Jimsky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Greetings folks, a new tool in my shipyard I would like to share. Unlike other Japanese saws, this one is relatively inexpensive and the same quality we expect from those types of saw. It comes with a protective sleeve (plastic holster), and teeth protective cover. The blade is 0.40mm thick and flexible. I did some cuts and can prove it's sharpness. Highly recommend! On Amazon, it cost $14.25

IMG_0438.JPEG

P.S. With this purchase, am I entitled to be a member of the HCSA (Half-Cut Saw Association)? :p

Greetings folks, a new tool in my shipyard I would like to share. Unlike other Japanese saws, this one is relatively inexpensive and the same quality we expect from those types of saw. It comes with a protective sleeve (plastic holster), and teeth protective cover. The blade is 0.40mm thick and flexible. I did some cuts and can prove it's sharpness. Highly recommend! On Amazon, it cost $14.25

View attachment 452587

P.S. With this purchase, am I entitled to be a member of the HCSA (Half-Cut Saw Association)? :p
You're entitled however don't expect an endorsement from Paul.

That is a nice saw, Jim.
P.S. With this purchase, am I entitled to be a member of the HCSA (Half-Cut Saw Association)?
Your registration has now been received :). You will have to take an 'aptitude test'. ;) We are eagerly awaiting the result. :)
Also on behalf of Uwe @Uwek and Maarten @Maarten,
Regards, Peter (approved member of the HCSA)

Could you please provide some details of what is HCSA (Half-Cut Saw Association)?
Of course I like to do that, Yuriy,
See the post of Uwe today of the presentation of his Half-Cut Sawed model of his Granado:
—> Uwe’s HCS-Model <—
You have to saw your model in two halves ……. :D Maarten with his Alert and me with my Bluenose.
New members are very welcome.
PS: It is not limited by using a Japanese saw. All types of saws are allowed. ;)
The representative result must pass the 'aptitude test', where Jim @Jimsky is now invited for.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:

View attachment 452587

It that HCSA or HACS (Half-Axx Cutting Society) ROTF :D

Could you please provide some details of what is HCSA (Half-Cut Saw Association)?
A very interesting topic ...... and also tool ;)
Please take a look at my signature - I am proud to be member of this association
You need only one successfull cut of your model - and you are a lifelong member

Remember what Uwe said!
You need only one successfull cut of your model - and you are a lifelong member
...If you cut your model in half (?) or more than 2 parts, it MUST be a successful cut, otherwise...oh....well...then you will be a member of another group UHCSA (Unsuccessful Half-Cut Saw Association). :cool:

...there are so many groups to be part of :pROTF

P.S. BTW, besides cutting the models in half, plenty of other uses exist for this Japanese pull saw. ;)

Back