Craft 145 a Japanese pull saw

Jimsky

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Greetings folks, a new tool in my shipyard I would like to share. Unlike other Japanese saws, this one is relatively inexpensive and the same quality we expect from those types of saw. It comes with a protective sleeve (plastic holster), and teeth protective cover. The blade is 0.40mm thick and flexible. I did some cuts and can prove it's sharpness. Highly recommend! On Amazon, it cost $14.25

IMG_0438.JPEG

P.S. With this purchase, am I entitled to be a member of the HCSA (Half-Cut Saw Association)? :p

Greetings folks, a new tool in my shipyard I would like to share. Unlike other Japanese saws, this one is relatively inexpensive and the same quality we expect from those types of saw. It comes with a protective sleeve (plastic holster), and teeth protective cover. The blade is 0.40mm thick and flexible. I did some cuts and can prove it's sharpness. Highly recommend! On Amazon, it cost $14.25

View attachment 452587

P.S. With this purchase, am I entitled to be a member of the HCSA (Half-Cut Saw Association)? :p
You're entitled however don't expect an endorsement from Paul.

I got one, and use it a lot. It is more accurate then all those tiny model building saw stuff you can buy. It is big (almost 50 cm long), but the blade is thin, sharp and precise. Even if you don't cut your model in half it is one of my tools I use often.

That is a nice saw, Jim.
P.S. With this purchase, am I entitled to be a member of the HCSA (Half-Cut Saw Association)?
Your registration has now been received :). You will have to take an 'aptitude test'. ;) We are eagerly awaiting the result. :)
Also on behalf of Uwe @Uwek and Maarten @Maarten,
Regards, Peter (approved member of the HCSA)

Could you please provide some details of what is HCSA (Half-Cut Saw Association)?
Of course I like to do that, Yuriy,
See the post of Uwe today of the presentation of his Half-Cut Sawed model of his Granado:
—> Uwe’s HCS-Model <—
You have to saw your model in two halves ……. :D Maarten with his Alert and me with my Bluenose.
New members are very welcome.
PS: It is not limited by using a Japanese saw. All types of saws are allowed. ;)
The representative result must pass the 'aptitude test', where Jim @Jimsky is now invited for.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:

View attachment 452587

It that HCSA or HACS (Half-Axx Cutting Society) ROTF :D

Could you please provide some details of what is HCSA (Half-Cut Saw Association)?
A very interesting topic ...... and also tool ;)
Please take a look at my signature - I am proud to be member of this association
You need only one successfull cut of your model - and you are a lifelong member

Remember what Uwe said!
You need only one successfull cut of your model - and you are a lifelong member
...If you cut your model in half (?) or more than 2 parts, it MUST be a successful cut, otherwise...oh....well...then you will be a member of another group UHCSA (Unsuccessful Half-Cut Saw Association). :cool:

...there are so many groups to be part of :pROTF

P.S. BTW, besides cutting the models in half, plenty of other uses exist for this Japanese pull saw. ;)

Back