Cutter Cheerful 1806 Build Log [COMPLETED BUILD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellow modellers, I'm rigged out. Slow, tedious job. It's true, it adds another dimension to the model, but ... Almost done with standing rigging. Many contemporary cutter models do not show topmast stay/backstays but I'm inclined to add them. Good thing it's a cutter. The last time I rigged a model was 15 years ago (Corel's Bellona). Definitely wouldn't be able to do that again. Hopefully, the next time I post pictures, will be the last update on Cheerful. Thanks for your interest, all the likes and comments.

IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

Beautiful job. Rigging is a tiresome task, but they all tend to be in my experience. As they say, each step is a model in its own right. Id say the libations are well deserved.

Yes for a model like this the added rigging is the cherry on the cake.
But between the lines I read your next build will be navy board style :cool:
Yes Maarten, I intend to plank one side of La Belle 1684, leave the rest in frame. Rigging her? Right now, I don't think so. But we'll see. Many thanks for you interest.

Howdy hoy, fellow modellers! I'm relieved that rigging is over, at least, this is as much as I'm willing to rig her. Stirrups and clew lines omitted, among other things. Had enough. Anyway, few more things - couple of anchors and white ensign - and that's it. Here are few pictures. Many thanks for all the comments and likes.

IMG_0155.JPG
IMG_0156.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG

:eek:Man oh Man!!! This is just such a beautiful, clean and precise build. The old adage of less is more is so true!! Congratulations, Gennaro. You may build more elaborate ships, but I can't imagine anyone building a prettier one than this! First Place Metal

I agree completely with the friends comments - a very accurate and fine model
CONGRATULATIONS
Very well done !!!

I am pretty sure, that you have already a new project in mind - hope, that you will share the new one also with us.....

Thank you guys for your kind words and support. Much appreciated. I won medal as well! (@Heinrich) Rigging line as well as blocks were purchased from Syren ship model company - outstanding quality, I have to say. Well, there is another project on the go (La Belle 1684). As soon as I get some cherry wood from the States, I'll start a build log. Hard to understand shipping business these days - it took 10 days to ship the kit from China to Canada and it's been a month since I ordered wood from Pennsylvania. Go figure. Thanks again and happy modelling!

Looking forward to your LaBelle build log!! While you are waiting for your timber from Pennsylvania you make take a look for a book\planset review made by Uwe. I am sure this monograph will be a great add when you will assemble you kit.

Thank you guys for your kind words and support. Much appreciated. I won medal as well! (@Heinrich) Rigging line as well as blocks were purchased from Syren ship model company - outstanding quality, I have to say. Well, there is another project on the go (La Belle 1684). As soon as I get some cherry wood from the States, I'll start a build log. Hard to understand shipping business these days - it took 10 days to ship the kit from China to Canada and it's been a month since I ordered wood from Pennsylvania. Go figure. Thanks again and happy modelling!
Good to read, that you ordered the La Belle - it a very interesting ship - I am looking forward to see your building log Thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back