Cutter Cheerful 1806 Build Log [COMPLETED BUILD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi guys,
This is my first post. Few years ago I bought Chuck Passaro's kit Cutter Cheerful 1806, for the sole purpose of learning how to "properly" plank ship's hull.
Anyways, hull has been planked, so here are few pictures.

IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG
IMG_0036.JPGIMG_0037.JPG
IMG_0038.JPG
img_0042-jpg.120210
IMG_0043.JPGIMG_0042.JPG

Very nice work, How is the kit as far as quality, wood etc.
It's really not a kit in the strictest sense - the "basic kit" that I purchased consists of three sheets of plans, laser cut plywood (keelplate and bulkheads) and laser cut boxwood (stem post, stern post, keel, rudder and counter timbers). The rest (lumber, fittings etc) I had to source myself.

Nice, very very nice. I have the same and all the goodies. I still need to order a lumber package. For some reason, this thing daunts me. I really like the balsa wood infills. Looking forward to more.
Rick
Thanks for you interest Rick. It's really not that difficult model to build. The only thing I had to struggle was tuck stern. The balsa infills are afterthought - after screwing up fairing, sanded off too much. Another advantage, besides fair hull (to the best of my rather limited ability) is that planks don't sag between bulkheads and you can actually see the run of each plank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back