Kit review Cutter HMS ALERT 1777 - POF in scale 1:48 - by TRIDENT MODELS

I did not reserve a kit. too many other projects still on my to do list.
It will be great to watch Uwe attack this project in his usual extreme professional way. Just hope he does not neglect his Bonhomme Richard, I need to see how he works the gates, I am looking at my kit and cannot find any instructions
Would you start a build log for any of your projects?

You might want to look into the Blandford Group Project.

A simple scratch build cross section of plank on frame.

Even if you don't build it reviewing the plans and knowing has frames and decks are really assembled is a good learning experience.

Hi Uwe, Thanks for that. Great review.
With all that precise CNC work the bits will need to be kept extra sharp especially during the production runs to fulfil all our yummy orders.

Can you please explain the purpose of this?:
Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 3.26.09 pm.png

Is it possible to review instructions? Could a person who has never done POF build before follow them?
The other thing you could think about is how many of us will be joining the group build and then just tag along, learning as you go.
We should all be able to muddle our way through together.

Is there any strip wood included in the kit or is it all CNC cut? I don’t see any in the photos.

Is it possible to review instructions? Could a person who has never done POF build before follow them?
Hallo,
This is the basic idea of the complete effort of this group build in combination of an exclusive POF kit with a manufacturer also available here in our forum, who participate with his knowledge in the forum and group build.
Based on our knowledge we have now 80 members who wants to purchase the kit, if only 25% will start a building log (I hope and guess it will be more), you have 20 or more building logs here in our forum - so with the time all aspects and details and problems will be clearly discussed and ways of construction and methods shown.
I will show the manual more in detail in this review, and I can state, that the manual is already good, very good comparing to others I saw over the time. Nevertheless Tritend mentioned already, that they want to add also photos and explanations of a real kit project into the manual, which will be also available.

To sum up:
A bigger number of friends, will build the same high quality kit,
meeting every day (here in the forum) to share experience and discussing the next working steps.
And everything together with the designer and manufacturer of the kit, who knows the kit and ship best !!!

To answer your question:
YES

In order to continue with the Review......

Kit Review: Part V
Cutter HMS ALERT 1777

POF in scale 1:48
by TRIDENT MODEL

The Metal parts and Fittings

The kit does not have any photoetched parts, everything is prepared with a very hard and stiff alloy - white metal
With very high quality of the castings - I could not recognize any nonconforming or damaged areas - Very good result, but take a look at the parts by your self
I made photos of each and every part in the content of the kit, each photo is showing the content of one of the transparent plastic bags so not in order of the manual or construction

The fittings are secured in a smaller box and separated by transparent plastic bags
IMG-3696.jpg

Overview of the complete fittings - a very good first impression
IMG-3707.jpg

and the single bag contents

IMG_5753.JPG

IMG_5755.JPG

IMG_5756.JPG

IMG_5758.JPG

IMG_5759.JPG

IMG_5760.JPG

IMG_5757.JPG

IMG_5768.JPG

IMG_5762.JPG

very good quality of the anchors
IMG_5763.JPG

IMG_5764.JPG

IMG_5765.JPG

IMG_5766.JPG

IMG_5767.JPG

IMG_5769.JPG

the gun barrels with coat of arms
IMG_5754.JPG

IMG_5770.JPG

very nice gimmick are these two figurines - I know the left one! Seems to be a brother of my shipyard supervisor
IMG_5761.JPG

Very small and fine ringbolts (I need more of this quality for my other projects !!!!) and I guess f.e. the mast rings
IMG_5771.JPG

some smaller cnc and laser boards plus the anchor cable rope
IMG_5772.JPG

Because I opened every bag for the photos I put everything in a separation box (no Content of the kit) - so you get a good overview
IMG_5773.JPG

Kit Review: Part VI
Cutter HMS ALERT 1777

POF in scale 1:48
by TRIDENT MODEL

Manual, Drawings and "Fairing/ Grinding Sticker"

IMG-3709.jpg

The printed manual

with the kit a english manual of 63 pages with detailed 3D-sketches and drawings is delivered - the different working steps are clearly written and shown, very important is the fact, that the single parts are labeled and named in these sketches. At the end you will find the sketches showing the individual cnc boards and parts list, so everything can be identified.
The manual is already good, but will be edited and developed further .....

Already mentioned before, the developer and producer TRIDENT MODELS is participating in our group build - therefore please read these posts

aa.JPG

ab.JPG

But now I want to show some excerpts of the manual as usual as thumbnails like in my book reviews

IMG-3684.jpg

page 2.JPG Page 10a.jpg

Page 34.JPG Page 40.JPG

Page 40.JPG

Page 42.jpg Page 46a.jpg

Page 50.JPG page 54.JPG

The Drawing sheet

IMG_5778.JPG

some details

IMG_5779.JPG

IMG_5780.JPG

We will see with the build - but I am sure, with the help of our group build and the support by Trident Models, it will run smoothly

Fairing / Grinding Sticker

a simpel but very good idea is the self-adhesive sticker used to mark the grinding area of some special frame and structural parts of the cant frames and fashion pieces etc.
Simpel and really clever

IMG_5777.JPG

Laser cut, so easy to glue on the wooden part - after grinding you can remove the rest

psb.jpg

My over all opinion - but I guess you realized already, that I am very impressed - A GREAT KIT with some very good and clever ideas to make the life of the modeler easier.
It will be a lot of fun to build this model - and I think also it will be a very good way to jump into the POF-modeling and later on also into scratch building.

Born for the limit, live for the challenge

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - Well done TRIDENT MODEL
Thumbs-Up Thumbs-Up Thumbs-Up , alias @Trident Model

I hope, that in some future you can change your company name from Trident Model into Trident Models ;)

So get your name on the list, join our group build and enjoy this model

I will try my best to start the build during weekend ..... so stay tuned

Did your test kit also include the mini-kit for the ship’s boat? I recall that was going to be included for all SOS members who buy the kit. We saw pictures of the mold for the boat some time ago. Looked great, novel design.

Do you know is the Trident Kit for HMS ALERT is available for purchase yet, if so who from and approximately how much Time (lead time to receive) and how much money. Your review is great and really makes it tempting. Please advise

Where can I buy it?????
It will be available soon,meanwhile I can add you to the list

Back