Cutty Sark

My name is Jimmy C

I am currently building my first model ship! It is the Cutty Sark model by Artesania Latina.

It is obvious to me now that this is a difficult ship to build as your first project. As if the kit was not difficult enough, I do not have the text instructions that came with the kit!

I do have the picture step by step instructions and I have been building the model by looking at the pictures. Not Impossible, but not any easier!

If anyone has access to the original text instructions that came with the kit, I would probably do a much better job with a copy.

I am progressing pretty well with just the pictures.

CAD9D6B2-6CD6-44B6-9D33-9975E92FDBCD.jpeg

This is a picture of my model about one week ago!

I have added some details in the holds that are not in the kit!

Please feel free to comment, criticizes, or explain what you would change

Jim

CAD9D6B2-6CD6-44B6-9D33-9975E92FDBCD.jpeg

Attachments

• 55DC7602-B20F-4455-AB6E-B3E1FDC5F517.jpeg
    55DC7602-B20F-4455-AB6E-B3E1FDC5F517.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 17
Very nice work for a first model (or a 10th model)! You‘ve done all the hard work without the instructions. They may help, but I think you could finish her without them. Good luck. Ask questions if you get in a pinch.

I agree with Dave, and can only echo what he said. The model looks great! As this is to introduce yourself thread, would you consider to open your own build log? Below is the link.

Hi Jimmy, looks nice so far. How come you have pictures and no text? Regards, John

Back