DE Agostini Vasa build by Spars

Vasa pack3, stage 21: Bought a camera and will post pics soon. As I posted earlier there will be no decoration. I an slowing down to capture the 'guts' of the build with all wrinkles and blemishes. I have to admit this is going easier than I imagined. Buying tools, mostly from Micro Mark while my trusty cat CatMan keeps watch. Leaving the metalwork for later, again trimmed so as to be presentable. Next build may be either Charles Morgan(ModelExpo) or Mary Rose(JoTiKa).
Shoot me a PM. I’ve got a few spares of this kit. there is a POSSIBILITY, I might have what you need. Failing that, I’ll loot my own kit, and wait In your stead. There might be a few dozen or so other kits to work on.

I am the ModelSpace Global Forum Admin, but I’ve added Social Media CS issues to my job description.

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks! At 71 still building but at a slower pace now.

Wonder of wonders. My handicapped son put the parts sheet 'away'. He functions about age three(he is 43 now) and does what dad does, so he puts things away. I am waiting to see if I get an email response in 48 business hours as the site says. In any event I am on my way again. I work in the morning before we go outside. I am reading Olof Cederlund/Fred Hocker Vasa I for backround and inspiration. Seems Vasa and Mary Rose have some things in common like monarch ambition placing desire above nautical architecture as it was understood then and both being time capsules as if meant to be rediscovered.
I posted such request to DeAgostini last month and as this date no answer.

I use vinegar. Score the parts, let the parts soak overnight and when still wet clamp in place securely overnight to insure proper bend. Then glue. Why do I do it this way? Because, like Wilfred Brimley, I think its the right thing to do? LoL
I'm a little reluctant to have amonia around with a handicapped son helping me.

Shoot me a PM. I’ve got a few spares of this kit. there is a POSSIBILITY, I might have what you need. Failing that, I’ll loot my own kit, and wait In your stead. There might be a few dozen or so other kits to work on.

I am the ModelSpace Global Forum Admin, but I’ve added Social Media CS issues to my job description.

Cheers,

Mark
I found the parts. My handicapped son pout them 'away' for me. He has his way. Cannot speak, functions at age 3 and he just turned 43 this June. I am frustrated on another level. I'm having a hard time fitting parts. I follow the online instructions carefully. If I can't make it work on dry fit I leave it for a while and try again. I'm just about ready to give up on this model. It is indeed a magnificent kit but given the problems so far I wonder if I shouldn't put it aside-at the cost of $1,200 usd.

I found the parts. My handicapped son pout them 'away' for me. He has his way. Cannot speak, functions at age 3 and he just turned 43 this June. I am frustrated on another level. I'm having a hard time fitting parts. I follow the online instructions carefully. If I can't make it work on dry fit I leave it for a while and try again. I'm just about ready to give up on this model. It is indeed a magnificent kit but given the problems so far I wonder if I shouldn't put it aside-at the cost of $1,200 usd.
No need to suffer, @Spars You can always post your question and ask for help. We have a good bunch of members willing to help. :)

No need to suffer, @Spars You can always post your question and ask for help. We have a good bunch of members willing to help. :)
I got a camera and am ready to post my mistakes for all to see. I don't mind being wrong and corrected. At 71 there other more important things to worry about like which flavor ice cream. LoL
Still I think I have to step away from this project for a week or so.

There is a LOT of info on the Wasa build that Alan Gill (Gandale) did for the ModelSpace Forums. Head over there for a look. You will probably find a lot of answers in the East section.

There is a LOT of info on the Wasa build that Alan Gill (Gandale) did for the ModelSpace Forums. Head over there for a look. You will probably find a lot of answers in the East section.
Its not the
how to' part but the fact the parts don't fit properly and I don't have the skills to do rework.

I'll look but I am cynical. Is DeAgostini too big to answer enquiries now that they have the my money?

Call them by phone. They always answer.

I think I posted here what happened to me. At the end they refunded me the money of the Wasa and Sovereign of the Seas.

They were always responsive with my calls and sending me the missing parts.

The issue was that they NEVER sent me the corrects parts. So full kit after 5 months went back.

The SoS came with missing parts on box 1. After my 5 months with the Wasa issue , I returned it immediately.

Moreover, check your state buyer protections laws. Here in MA we have a law that protects the buyer if seller do not give you what you have paid for.

After 5 months of incorrect parts I sent the law link by email and called requesting my refund or I will go to the government and present the case with proof of 50+ emails showing the issue.

Refund accepted without any issue.

Bottom line, emails cover you legally. But call customer service. They always attended the phone. Refer them to your email and they will look for it on their computer. They always find the email. Ask also to speak with a manager.

I hope this helps
Daniel
Ps: that happened to me at the start of 2019 till July

Call them by phone. They always answer.

I think I posted here what happened to me. At the end they refunded me the money of the Wasa and Sovereign of the Seas.

They were always responsive with my calls and sending me the missing parts.

The issue was that they NEVER sent me the corrects parts. So full kit after 5 months went back.

The SoS came with missing parts on box 1. After my 5 months with the Wasa issue , I returned it immediately.

Moreover, check your state buyer protections laws. Here in MA we have a law that protects the buyer if seller do not give you what you have paid for.

After 5 months of incorrect parts I sent the law link by email and called requesting my refund or I will go to the government and present the case with proof of 50+ emails showing the issue.

Refund accepted without any issue.

Bottom line, emails cover you legally. But call customer service. They always attended the phone. Refer them to your email and they will look for it on their computer. They always find the email. Ask also to speak with a manager.

I hope this helps
Daniel
Ps: that happened to me at the start of 2019 till July
I'll call them up. My issue(s) are that the wood only generally matches what I see on their how to build online info. When done as explained the work is not true.

I'll call them up. My issue(s) are that the wood only generally matches what I see on their how to build online info. When done as explained the work is not true.

I do not understand you, sorry. If the wood (you meant ship parts ? ) matches their how to build online info, then where is the problem.

Neither I understand what you meant for "when done as explained the work is not true".

Sorry I am not able to understand!!!

Daniel

Customer service will not solve building issues. They will deal with parts, shipment, etc issues.

If your parts are the same as the ones on the pdf instruction files (12 booklets) then you have to be able to built the ship.

Have you seen the DeAgostini forum. You will see there how the Wasa was built with tons of pictures and step by step.

With the booklets instructions and the forum pictures you will get the Wasa done.

Hello again @Spars,

I sense you are getting exasperated with this kit. I understand that as I have occasionally felt the same. But there are many, many helpful people on this forum who are eager to assist you. I am building this IDENTICAL kit from DeAgostini and if you describe the issues you are dealing with (or better - simply post a photo) someone should be able to come to the rescue. You have made a massive investment in this kit - it would be a shame to find it under your work table or in the trash bin!

And if you are reluctant to post something here please send me a message (click on the little envelope on the top right of the page and then click start a new conversation - put my name in the Recipients line (@dockattner) and type in your message below that (you can also add photos to your message) and I will try to help you privately.

Spars, do take Dockattner's offer of assistance. His Wasa build is the finest DeAgostini based Wasa model I have yet seen. For those parts that are missing, they may be scratch built if DeAgostini is unwilling to replace them. The DeAgostini instruction magazines will make it easier to identify what is missing. If you must have the original DeAgostini parts, there are individual DeAgostini "chapter" parts being sold with their magazines on eBay as a final resort. No ship project should be permanently shelved because some worker at kit manufacturer can't put all the pieces in a box.

Last edited:
Back