DeAgaostini/AL HMS Surprise

She is coming along great John.
Artesania make some nice kits.My only criticism is that many of there designs have the open stern devoid of any framework.You plank the hull and have lots of planks floating in fresh air that have to be trimmed to given dimensions and these form a base to build the transom.It would be nice if they included some sort of bulkhead right at the aft of the hull.It could be just an open frame so you could still fit out the cabin.Not only would it give you something solid to fasten the planks to,but it would also automatically set the position of the transom.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Good progress John, you are lucky to have good weather and can work outside, here it is now about +/- 0 degrees celsius.

Your build is outstanding and your work is clean and precise. As for DeAgostini Model Space USA.....I am not too impressed. At the 1st of the year I signed up for the SOS. The 1st pack came right on time. Funds removed for the next pack and almost a month had went by and I had not received. Sent a e-mail and got no response. Then I called and was informed that the free gift was not available and the pack was on hold? I then asked the guy why hold up what one is building for some trinket that had nothing to do with the ship. I would find out by reading others complaints that the exact same free gift had held up their orders. I called again and was told this time the inventory was behind and I should have within another month, in the mean time they were fixing to remove another payment from the account. I nipped it in the bud, said do not take another penny and shove your build as you pay concept. Hope you do not encounter the same game I did. Now, I purchase the kit and that way, I get it all at once. Funny, got a e-mail today from them asking what I thought of their business, I will not repeat what I said they could do with their business! Looking forward to more of your build.
Rick

Thanks Rick, that’s what they told me, free tool kit not available. I said the last thing I need are more tools, send the pack pack now and tools whenever. The Soleil Royal I had no problem with.

Well, as luck would have it, got a call from a manager at DeAgostini. He said was a computer issue, affected me and 5 others. Pack being sent out immediately. Said call him if any issues. So that makes thing good!

Funny, I got the same reply when I called the last time and told him to keep and refund, however he did not say was on it's way as with you. So my friend, best of luck and I hope you get soon. Will continue to watch your thread.
Rick

Back