• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

Decided to build the Mantua/Sergal HMS Victory

Hi Bill. I bought it from Hobbyworld-USA in Watkinsville, Georgia. It was $75.00 plus $49.00 shipping. I'm just starting using it, but even with the steep shipping cost it will be worth every penny it cost many times over. Good luck. Jim
Thanks, Jim!
 
You know Bill, I just spent an hour looking for this slip all over . The only ones I can find available now are over seas. I must of got the last one in the United States. I ordered it last Wed. and received it on Sat. I was shocked. I'm sorry. Jim
 
You know Bill, I just spent an hour looking for this slip all over . The only ones I can find available now are over seas. I must of got the last one in the United States. I ordered it last Wed. and received it on Sat. I was shocked. I'm sorry. Jim
Glad you did! Explains the absence of domestic choices when I searched. But search I will!
 
Hi Jim, I built the same model a couple of years ago, and it took me over a year. So, good luck! I had a lot of fun, especially since the kit has several flaws and I had to be resourceful to fix them...IMG_20251203_095701927.jpg
 
Hi Ismaele. Thanks for the visuals. Your Victory is truly a work of art. If mine turns out half as majestic I'll be quite proud of it. This ship has been on my bucket list to build since the early seventies. I'm very pleased to finally be able to give it a go. I believe I have all the tools and the ability to use them that I could need for this build. The only things missing are experience and knowledge of the ship. That's where I'm counting on the vast knowledge of the members here to give me a nudge in the right direction when I'm stuck or just basically screwing something up. Jim
 
The only thing that seems to be a problem is the last mast hole in the main deck is about 1/16 of an inch to far forward. I don't know if the solution is to extend the hole or file the grooves by the deck to move it back. Any ideas1000002913.jpg
 
If anyone has a copy or original of sheets 3 and 4, I would be interested in buying them. I picked up a started Panart kit missing the sheets but overall looks lioke pretty decent work.
 
Now I'm starting to get somewhere. I have to agree with most who have built this ship. The first layer of planking wood leaves a lot to be desired. It's almost as soft as balsa wood. Got both sides done to the same point now.

6546.jpg
 
Back
Top