Discuss CAD, Diagrams & Software

my question will be based on this premis :
say you buy plans at 1/8 to foot scale and you want 1/4 inch/foot- so you go to printer and double the plans. problem is you double space between plans but you don't have double frames. so can CAD be programed to draw frames to fill in spaces in given frames ?

Hi clipper randy,

With most cad programs you can import a digitized file into a drawing and trace a single frame, move it next to the original frame creating a double frame. You would need to do this for each frame.

Mike

Bob Hunt at Lauck Street Shipyard has a practicum for using CAD to loft frames...he is also a CAD expert having drawn frames in CAD for kits...the practicum may help and an email might answer your questions.

A CAD program (I use Rhino) can be used to draw a series of water lines from the existing frames. When this is done it is easy to run a line to each water line to create the shape of a frame at any point. The original set of lines can be scanned, entered and traced using bitmap. Then the new set of plans can be downloaded to a usb key, brought to a print shop and printed in any scale you want. The scale can be set by giving the printer a line and the length to which the line will be when printed.

A CAD program (I use Rhino) can be used to draw a series of water lines from the existing frames. When this is done it is easy to run a line to each water line to create the shape of a frame at any point. The original set of lines can be scanned, entered and traced using bitmap. Then the new set of plans can be downloaded to a usb key, brought to a print shop and printed in any scale you want. The scale can be set by giving the printer a line and the length to which the line will be when printed.
thanks VERY much robert

Bob Hunt at Lauck Street Shipyard has a practicum for using CAD to loft frames...he is also a CAD expert having drawn frames in CAD for kits...the practicum may help and an email might answer your questions.
thanks very much danielsje !!

my question will be based on this premis :
say you buy plans at 1/8 to foot scale and you want 1/4 inch/foot- so you go to printer and double the plans. problem is you double space between plans but you don't have double frames. so can CAD be programed to draw frames to fill in spaces in given frames ?
Hallo @clipper randy
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

Back