DISPLAY CASES

I've just finished my first (and so far, only) build after 9 years, so after all that time I didn't want to skimp on a protective case.
The case I got custom made wasn't inexpensive but at 1000mm X 810mm X 420mm (internal dimensions) I guess I couldn't expect anything else.
It came from a company on the south coast of England. I don't know if they have an upper limit as to the size they will make but their products are high quality.
Anyone interested can contact them here > https://www.strikingdisplays.co.uk/...-cases/custom-sized-display-case.html#DETAILS

edited to add that the above link will take you directly to a page where you can input your dimensions (including thickness) and you'll get an instant price.

Jim.

Last edited:
I've just finished my first (and so far, only) build after 9 years, so after all that time I didn't want to skimp on a protective case.
The case I got custom made wasn't inexpensive but at 1000mm X 810mm X 420mm (internal dimensions) I guess I couldn't expect anything else.
It came from a company on the south coast of England. I don't know if they have an upper limit as to the size they will make but their products are high quality.
Anyone interested can contact them here > https://www.strikingdisplays.co.uk/...-cases/custom-sized-display-case.html#DETAILS

edited to add that the above link will take you directly to a page where you can input your dimensions (including thickness) and you'll get an instant price.

Jim.
This is really a bigger case - so now we are very curious to know, which ship is inside this case - with the height of more than 80 cm I guess with masts, yards and fully rigged, or?

Hi Uwe,
The ship is HMS Leopard 1790, 50 Gun Ship built at 1:80 scale. The plans that came with the book were at 1:96 but for my first build I felt that was a little on the small side for me to work with so I had the plans expanded a little.
A couple of pictures.
IMG_20191121_102526.jpgIMG_20191121_102549.jpg

The photo below was when the ship was almost finished, still in its 'shipyard cradle' >
IMG_20191026_211232.jpg

Hi Uwe,
The ship is HMS Leopard 1790, 50 Gun Ship built at 1:80 scale. The plans that came with the book were at 1:96 but for my first build I felt that was a little on the small side for me to work with so I had the plans expanded a little.
A couple of pictures.
View attachment 124656View attachment 124658

The photo below was when the ship was almost finished, still in its 'shipyard cradle' >
View attachment 124659
Wow - congratulation for this beautiful model - very good
If possible Show us more of this interesting model

Back