Dremel 4300-

I have the 7760 which I find much more convenient than the flexible shaft and its my most useful dremel. I attached a chuck for rapid changes.

I have a 4300 and a 15 year old battery powered dremel. I purchased a hanger for the 4300 when using the flex cable and have found that it works better with the 4300. I have found that I used my old battery powered dremel more in model ship building than the larger 4300 although the flex cable and speed control will work fine when my battery needs charging.

HI BRIAN AND ALL, I HAVE PROBABLLY 10 + DREMELLS, WHAT I DO IS GO ON EBAY (ROTARY TOOLS) AND LOOK AT THE USED ONES I CAN FIND THEM FOR $10.00 TO $15.00 GOT 2 8220 FOR $30.00 EACH INCLUDING CHARGER AND BATTERYS, IF ANY THING GOES WRONG WITH ANY I JUST CHUCK IT NO BIG LOSS AT ALL JUST RECENTLY GOT WORX SET UP WITH ROTARY TOOL WILL SEE HOW THAT WORKS OUT THIS COMPANY HAS EXCELLENT TOOLS WILL SHOW SOME LATTER ON. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

I have been using Dremel tools for 60+ years. I never abused any of them and the ones I have, including the cordless and the original one, still work well. I used diamond bits as soon as they came on the market and I think that accounts for the too longevity.

Just search dental micro motor. They are not that expensive.
The handpiece is a lot easier to use. Smaller and lighter. The contra angled one is great for tight work.
Ok I checked the price here in AU and you can get one for less than $200.00, I wonder how good the quality is when you look at a toolmakers brushless setup you are looking at more like $3000.00 I priced one a couple of years ago.

Contra angel dental burs are not hard to find.
Anyway I it is just a matter of what you find better for you. The dremel type of tool is more suitable to heavier work. The dental tools fo smaller delicate stuff.

What burr do you find most useful? They seem to come in a variety of shapes?
They all have their own use. I probably use the ball type more often. Followed by the straight ones. The most common type I use is the separating disc in a mandrel. You can get carbon fiber discs 0.2mm thick x 25mm diameter. They are not cheap (AU$5.0) but they cut through timber like a hot knife through butter. (Renfert brand) They outlast the usual discs by a factor of 10.

I’ve been building ship models for over 60 years and in all that time I’ve have used quite a few different Dremel rotary tool models. The best one, in my opinion is the Dremel Stylus I’ve been using it for about 15 years and it’s still going strong. Unfortunately, and I don’t why, Dremel discontinued manufacturing and selling it. I think that was a stupid decision. You can occasionally find used ones on EBay. The only change I made to it was I replaced the collets with the miniature Dremel three jaw chuck. It’s much more convenient than constantly having to change collet sizes.

Wow! - what a lot of discussion!
I have a Dremel, but rarely use it as I find it is quite heavy and unwieldy, and so I bought myself a pendant drill with a flexible shaft. Light, very powerful if needed, and a variable speed foot pedal, so I can have total hands-free control of speed.
The other tool I use for delicate work is an air turbine carver drill - speeds to 30,000 rpm, cuts like a knife through butter and ultra-light. Very like a dentists drill that's already been mentioned in this thread.

Ted

just from personal experience, I use my cordless 8200 far more than my old 395. With the handle attachment and 90 head its very versatile and accurate, even with 0.4 mm bits. The Chinese copies are best fore sanding etc. The small light "grinders" sold cheaply on line only seem to last a few months- IF your lucky.
I've relearnt only recently that how you use the tool is more important, and that for most of us amateurs learning to use the tool you have is better and certainly cheaper than some "gold standard". In my own case, picking up some tips from this site has made the world of difference. Thank you.

Hi Brian, Ihave two Dremels one set up in the Dremel drill press arrangement and the other with the flexible shaft drive I just couldn’t bother changing them around all of the time, one is a 311 and the other a 4300 , I find that they both work fine however reading all of the comments I am excited to look at dental drills just because of that angled head ability to reach into really tight spots. Dremel do seem to have lots accessories most of which will never be used however the accessory chuck head , drum sanding bits and cutting wheels are my most used tools.

Dremel do seem to have lots accessories most of which will never be used however the accessory chuck head , drum sanding bits and cutting wheels are my most used tools.

i also make my own accessories i save plastic bottle tops they make the best sanding disks and come in every size you can imagine.
With some of the softer materials i cut the sandpaper larges than the disk so it rides up along the edge

J1.jpgJ2.jpgJ3.jpgJ4.jpgJ5.jpg

Hi Gang,
my old Dremel 3000 finally packed it in, so looking to upgrade to the Dremel 4300. Anyone here has this tool and can offer some feedback ?

Cheers.

.View attachment 252686
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. APART THE IS A HUGE AMOUNT ACCESSORY. ONE FIXES HORESONLY, ANOTHER HORIZONTALLY. THEN I HAD TWO BATTERY-DRIVEN ONES . WHEN USING ONE, THE OTHER BATTERY TO CHARGE

Dremel do seem to have lots accessories most of which will never be used however the accessory chuck head , drum sanding bits and cutting wheels are my most used tools.

i also make my own accessories i save plastic bottle tops they make the best sanding disks and come in every size you can imagine.
With some of the softer materials i cut the sandpaper larges than the disk so it rides up along the edge

View attachment 253310View attachment 253311View attachment 253312View attachment 253313View attachment 253314
Dremel is not only for Shipbuilding. It is used by dentist, medical care, engraving id cristal. try to select what you need, and set the rest apart, because one day you may be needed.

Wow, thats a kool tool Alan.
I personally used an in making the Galleries -new windows frames, part to make looks better. I have used to try to engrave. and make figures

Attachments

• 2a9d2cd88c422c04cb8b21fe3d720ac7.jpg
    2a9d2cd88c422c04cb8b21fe3d720ac7.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 6bdaf454a68c5db9ac9d1388688cf9c1.jpg
    6bdaf454a68c5db9ac9d1388688cf9c1.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 73decd6a770553a23598a4a1cc3db454.jpg
    73decd6a770553a23598a4a1cc3db454.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 15
Back