Today I received some samples from Dry-Dock Models - many thanks to get a detailed view on these

small single double, triple blocks, violine blocks, nails, deadeyes, belaying pins etc. etc.

and I have to state:

These are the best quality I had ever in my hand or seen on other models
- especially the very small ones are amazing - so accurate prepared - every single block is looking like the other one, all holes are drilled, absolutely no inaccuracy, also with the smallest one with only 2mm size
I can not imagine, how they are produced ..... really amazing

Really the best I have ever seen Exclamation-Mark Exclamation-Mark Exclamation-Mark

Today I received some samples from Dry-Dock Models - many thanks to get a detailed view on these

small single double, triple blocks, violine blocks, nails, deadeyes, belaying pins etc. etc.

and I have to state:

These are the best quality I had ever in my hand or seen on other models
- especially the very small ones are amazing - so accurate prepared - every single block is looking like the other one, all holes are drilled, absolutely no inaccuracy, also with the smallest one with only 2mm size
I can not imagine, how they are produced ..... really amazing

Really the best I have ever seen Exclamation-Mark Exclamation-Mark Exclamation-Mark
Thank you Uwe!

Yes,I am working on rigging ropes and other products but too early to say anything about them at the moment.
I'm having trouble finding metric thicknesses of basswood for my scratch build of the Wappen Von Hamburg I. I used to have a complete woodshop and was able to mill all my own lumber (I was an architectural woodworker by trade), but due to illness (girlfriend) and serious injury (self) , I had to sell off my tools (pandemic didn't help matters). I need a quality, reasonably priced source for lumber. I have two ships I'm building, the other being HMS Prince of 1670, and both sets of plans are metric. I wanted to fashion the hull plates and bulkheads from basswood. Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. I also am looking for plank on frame plans, particularly for 17th century ships of the line. When I ordered the plans for the Prince I was told they were plank on frame, but they turned out to be plank on bulkhead. I was disappointed, but I'm going to build her anyway.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Wes

I'm having trouble finding metric thicknesses of basswood for my scratch build of the Wappen Von Hamburg I. I used to have a complete woodshop and was able to mill all my own lumber (I was an architectural woodworker by trade), but due to illness (girlfriend) and serious injury (self) , I had to sell off my tools (pandemic didn't help matters). I need a quality, reasonably priced source for lumber. I have two ships I'm building, the other being HMS Prince of 1670, and both sets of plans are metric. I wanted to fashion the hull plates and bulkheads from basswood. Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. I also am looking for plank on frame plans, particularly for 17th century ships of the line. When I ordered the plans for the Prince I was told they were plank on frame, but they turned out to be plank on bulkhead. I was disappointed, but I'm going to build her anyway.
Wes
Hi ,you need to talk with @Dave Stevens (Lumberyard) ,send him a personal message here on the forum

Wes
For good plank on Frame plansets you should check the available monographs from ancre:
Take a look at these planset reviews:

For good timber available in the States, check lumberyard

Our member Dave @Dave Stevens (Lumberyard) is the owner - I am pretty sure he can help

Last edited:
Back