Dutch Fluit form Hoving Plans

Very beautiful model of this strange ship design !!! Congratulations!! Thumbsup Fire First Place Metal
Do you build another Dutch ship?
I've been busy with other models, but hope to do a second Dutch vessel at some time in the future. Hoving's book has excellent plans for 10 types of 17th century Dutch ships. It's a bit costly at $75 U.S. but that comes to only $7.5 per plan which is not expensive, and the accompanying text is well written and extensively illustrated. By the way, as you can tell from this web site, Ab Hoving is very generous in sharing his time and considerable knowledge. He answered a number of questions for me during the construction of my fluit.

In another forum Ab responded to my building Roter Lowe, the plan from the book Risse von Schiffen des 16./17. Jahrhunderts is outdated and false. I try to find the maximum in his books. Personally, I don't want to steal his time. :cool:

Well done Polydoc. Congratulations. This is not an easy model.
Did you ever consider painting your models? It adds a lot to the atmosphere.

Oh, and Ondras: you can always call on me. I like scratch builders. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against kit builders, but there is usually not much to say about kits that make the builder happy...

Last edited:
Well done Polydoc. Congratulations. This is not an easy model.
Did you ever consider painting your models? It adds a lot to the atmosphere.

Oh, and Ondras: you can always call on me. I like scratch builders. Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against kit builders, but there is usually not much to say about kits that make the builder happy...

Greetings Abe. I'm starting to study the rigging on my ship, and I will probably have to address you. The plan is wrong .. o_O Have a nice evening and a lot of energy for the next work. Ondras

Back