This is looking like it will be an excellent outcome for your efforts! PT-2Working on the closure planks, one each side to go. The opening for the last two planks was a tiny bit bigger than two planks.
BUT, I found a strip that was oversized in one dimension - two fit perfectly. She's closed up.
Then sanding. I find sanding quite therapeutic. Got the exterior sanded in with 100 grit.
The one piece stems/flat keel faired in from stem to stem.
Tomorrow, install the outer gunnels. I'm gonna make them of the redwood to see what they look like. I might use a white wood though. I'll make up my mind tomorrow. I'm gonna make them a bit thinner than 3/32" though. Then, out come the stations and get to work on scraping and sanding the interior. I'm thinking about making the inner floorboard keel strip out of redwood too. I did the "wet look" thing with alcohol just to see the contrast. I like it.
Boy, that macro setting sure picks up every little zit doesn't it.