Endeavour's Longboat, Artesania Latina by MarkSH01

Hello all,

This is my first foray into the world of wood modelling, its been underway for a couple of weeks now so here is a quick photo catch-up.

basic frame.jpg
bow additiona filling.jpg
stern additional filling.jpg
ready for planking.jpg
first planks clamped.jpg
first planks glued.jpg
first planking stbd.jpg
first planking port.jpg
first planking bow.JPG
Learning a lot, pretty happy so far but I know that I have failed to taper the planks correctly at the bow and made things difficult for myself, but that being said everything looks reasonably symmetrical so feel content to continue with the second planking with that lesson firmly embedded!

Cheers,

Mark.

Hello, Mark, and welcome aboard SOS! Many thanks for starting the build log. For the first time in wood modeling, you are doing a great job! It is evident you know how to apply putty and work with wood. Keep up the great work and updating your build log. Shall you need our help, don't hesitate to ask! We have members willing and able to help! :)

Your first planking is looking very good - so you made a correct and good decision to start with such a longboat kit.
You are learning fast and you get practice with such a small vessel - very good that you have started this building log.
So I am looking forward to see your next working steps

Back