Felt Like A Change

Hello Bob,
You are right. The available kits are not accurate and the only relatively good drawing I have seen it the one I attached. I found it on eBay, but it had been sold and I was unable to contact the seller.
While I am almost sure there are no plans of the Seeadler, there may be some of the Pass of Balmaha somewhere. There are a few scratchbuilt model out there, so there is a chance some good plans (with hull lines) exist.
Kaz

I found some plans for the Seeadler at "Taubman Ship Plans" you may find what you need there.

There is a great model of the Seeadler (Pass of Balmaha) in the Hamburg Maritime Museum.
photos here in this line:
Regards. Mike.

Kazziga, while I know nothing of your specific ship, I do know that plans of a ship could be correct or wrong both at the same time.

In the days of sailing ships even the American USS Constitution and English MHS Victory had different sail plans depending on time in history and the Captain in charge at the time.

So your 6 sails per mast plan may be correct at one point in history and later changed to 5 for ease of sailing and rigging.

Back